• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

**WON** Eurocarparks PCN appeal - please help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Eurocarparks PCN appeal - please help

Hi M1,

Thank you for that. When I checked the POPLA site, It has following options. Am I correct is assuming that 5.b is only applicable to my case? If I chose that and proceed the ' Please Explain your reasons for appealing against the parking ticket' allows only 2000 words, should I upload the template you have provided as an 'evidence to support your position' please?

1. My Vehical was stolen
    2. I was not improperly parked
    3. The amount requested on the parking charge notice is not correct
    4. I was not the driver or registerd keeper of thr vehicle
    5 Other Grounds of appeal
    5.a. Extreme circumstances prevented me from parking correctly.
    5.b. other

Comment

5.b. other

M1

Comment

My appeal has been successful. Thank you M1 for all your help.

"As your appeal was successful, your parking charge is not effective and you do not need to take any further action."

Comment

Following is the decision summary If it helps.

"After reviewing the evidence provided by both parties, I am not satisfied that the driver of the vehicle has been identified. The operator is therefore pursuing the registered keeper of the vehicle in this instance. For the operator to transfer liability for unpaid parking charges from the driver of the vehicle to the registered keeper of the vehicle, the regulations laid out in PoFA 2012 must be adhered to. The operator has provided a copy of the Notice to Keeper sent. As the driver of the vehicle has not been identified, the Notice to Keeper will need to comply with section 9 of PoFA 2012. Schedule 4, Section 9 of PoFA 2012 states: “(2) The notice must – (b)inform the keeper that the driver is required to pay parking charges in respect of the specified period of parking and that the parking charges have not been paid in full;” The operator has provided a copy of the Notice to Keeper sent to the appellant, where I note it does not state that the driver is required to pay the unpaid parking charge. As such, I do not consider that the operator has fully complied with PoFA 2012 and I can only conclude that the PCN was issued incorrectly."

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X