• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

MET Parking Charge Notice Barn Elms - won

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MET Parking Charge Notice Barn Elms - won

Hi,

My car was issued with a Parking Charge Notice for parking outside of a bay at the Barn Elms Sports Centre in London recently. Whilst i believe the car was outside the bay in so much that the front wheels were driven beyond the end of the bay on to unused tarmac, i believe it did not impinge upon any other parking bay or access to anything else. It is for this reason I feel the PCN of £100 is unfair and I wish to contest. I have read through the forum quite a bit but don't understand what the best approach would be in this case.

Any advice really appreciated

Thanks

KD
    Last edited by mystery1; 23rd February 2016, 22:46:PM.
    Tags: None

Re: MET Parking Charge Notice Barn Elms

Contact the manager to see if they can help.

If the ticket was on the vehicle do not appeal until the notice to keeper arrives via post.

M1

Comment

Thanks M1. I have contacted their management asking for support. I will update you and the board on how I get on as I absolutely detest parking tickets when nothing has unreasonably been done. They are simply punitive and opportunists looking to profiteer of individuals oversight and are not focused on delivering an efficient parking service.

With regards to when to appeal can you advise why you would wait for the keeper notice?

Comment

No joy with the manager unfortunately. They didn't want to get involved with individual cases despite recognising a "grey area".

Will have to wait for the keeper notice and take it from there.

Will keep you posted.

Comment

So after 1.5 months I haven't received a notice to keeper so fingers crossed this has just gone away.

M1 - Thanks again for your advice.

Comment

They have until day 56, even after this do not get rid of anything in case they claim something went missing in the post.

M1

Comment

So after thinking this had all gone away and 109 days later I have received the notice to keeper which is dated 7 days ago.

M1 - really appreciate if you can advise on what you would recommend the next best steps are to appeal. Have they missed their window of opportunity being beyond the 56 days you referred to?

Any help much appreciated

KD

Originally posted by mystery1 View Post
              They have until day 56, even after this do not get rid of anything in case they claim something went missing in the post.

M1

Comment

http://legalbeagles.info/forums/show...526#post636526

They are knackered unless they find out who was driving. Appeal - lose - popla - win.

M1

Comment

Excellent thanks.

Just had a read through the website http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/...dule/4/enacted and I'm guessing it is specifically paragraph 8 (5) where they will fail to comply due to the time taken for the notice to keeper.

Lets see how this goes

Really appreciate your help

KD

http://legalbeagles.info/forums/show...526#post636526

They are knackered unless they find out who was driving. Appeal - lose - popla - win.

M1

Comment

:okay:

M1

Comment

Great news. They have cancelled the PCN with no need to go to POPLA.

M1 - thanks so much for your support on this really appreciate it. Great advice at every point.
                      :okay:

M1

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X