• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PCN: Cuffley Station -won

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PCN: Cuffley Station -won

Hi

Hoping someone can advise/help me?

I was given a PCN at Cuffley Station, last year in October on the 22nd, I appealed this via email on the 23rd on two grounds I was not given my monthly ticket to display which I had chased the issuing company for and also the ticket given was for a different location (Crews Hill). I received a response on 15th November rejecting my response after which point I called up and spoke to someone who said I had valid ground for appeal (as he was aware that there was issues with getting customers there permit due to a switch over in parking operators) and to email back to response which I did on the same day. I didn't receive anything else and presumed that the matter had be closed off until December 24th at which point I received a letter from a debt collection agency requesting full payment amount. As it is passed the 30 days in which POPLA will review a PCN they want nothing to do with it after I wrote to them with all the evidence. The charge has gone up to £150 now and I don't know what to do?

Any help advice would be great.

Thanks
    Tags: None

Re: PCN: Cuffley Station

Ask the ticket issuers nicely to get it cancelled and then ask for a refund and losses (the cost of this pcn) for the time you were unable to use what you paid, and contracted, for if they don't help.

M1

Comment

Mystery thank you very much for your help, after speaking to them they've dropped the PCN and apologized for the confusion

Comment

Hi Mystery1

I thought that was dead and buried but I've been sent a letter from solicitors now which my 'case' has been passed to them from the debt collection agency. I actually received an email from the ticket issuer explaining the PCN has been rescinded. Before I email back I was wondering (I know I'm chancing my luck as a lot of appeals are unsuccessful) am I entitled to some sort of compensation as this is outrageous and surely this is now purely a scaremongering tactic to try and get innocent people to be scared into paying?

Thanks in advance again

Comment

Re: PCN: Cuffley Station -won

Not really, no. If it continues then it could be construed as harassment for which you could be compensated although you'd need to take court action.

Just email them and point out their stupidity.

M1

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X