• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

MET Car parking fine - won

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MET Car parking fine - won

Hi there,

Would anyone be able to advise me on whether I have a case not to pay the fine of £100 issued by Met parking services? Parked in a train station and normally pay through RingGo. However, couldn't get a phone signal on the train and so in the end had to download the app and pay through that. However, the driver was already issued with a ticket before this came through.

I would like to appeal but I am not sure what I should write here? Does anyone have any advice?

Many thanks,

norge83
    Last edited by Kati; 21st March 2016, 10:05:AM.
    Tags: None

Re: MET Car parking fine

If Met do not know the drivers identity then wait for a notice to keeper which takes at least 28 days but no more than 56 days.

M1

Comment

Thank you for the advice. Just to clarify - should I wait to appeal until I get the notice from them? Or should I just ignore the notice when it arrives?

Originally posted by mystery1 View Post
      If Met do not know the drivers identity then wait for a notice to keeper which takes at least 28 days but no more than 56 days.

M1

Comment

should I wait to appeal until I get the notice from them?
        :okay:

M1

Comment

[QUOTE=mystery1;615478]:okay:

Thank you! :tinysmile_grin_t:

Comment

[QUOTE=norge83;615506]
            :okay:

Thank you! :tinysmile_grin_t:

I have now been issued with a notice from MET to pay my parking fee which has now gone up to £100 - yikes! What kind of things should an appeal letter contain? Does anyone know if they have any legal rights to take me to court?

Many thanks,

norge83
            Last edited by Kati; 21st March 2016, 10:11:AM.

Comment

Can you scan and post up a suitably sanitised version ?

M1

Comment

Can you scan and post up a suitably sanitised version ?

M1
                Ok I have attached the parking notice.

I think I may have to pay as I am not sure the driver can prove that they had signal problems unless they contact RINGO who will see downloaded the app for the first time, when previously paid via mobile.

Do you think I have a case or shall I just pay the fine?
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Kati; 21st March 2016, 09:43:AM.

Comment

Any chance you can get good pictures of the signs ?

Quite important in byelaw cases. Also better scans of the notices front and back, just personal info removed.

M1

Comment

Do you mean parking signs at the station?

Comment

Yes.

M1

Comment

Hi there,

I have uploaded two scanned attachments of both side of the notice.

I will drive to the station to take a picture of the sign

Many thanks,

Norge83
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by Kati; 21st March 2016, 09:44:AM.

Comment

Originally posted by norge83 View Post
                          Hi there,

I have uploaded two scanned attachments of both side of the notice.

I will drive to the station to take a picture of the sign as I only go there occasionally when I get the train to London.

Many thanks,

Norge83
                          Here is the parking signs. I have to write the letter of appeal soon. Do you think I have a case or shall I just pay the fine?
                          Attached Files

Comment

So who is your parking contract with? One sign saying it's Chiltern, the other saying it is Met, can't be both. I believe that to invoke bye laws a copy must be displayed, it's no good saying look at the web page. You can't refer to POPLA and invoke byelaws.

Comment

Yes I agree - not clear who the parking contract is with. These signs were next to each other. How is best to proceed in this case?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X