• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

ASDA Kings Heath Debt Recovery - won

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASDA Kings Heath Debt Recovery - won

Hello Mystery1

I had a very similar case as Jodie where I parked in ASDA Kings Heath car park for nearly 2.40hrs but I left the carpark after first 75mins and immediately re-enter after getting onto Poplar Road (latterly took a U-turn back into carpark - but did exit onto a public road and re-entered). After Smart Parking appeal process I progressed to appeal process to the POPLA. Few months later (around 3 months) I had an email come through advising to check updates on appeal decision made by POPLA by login online. On website it showed that the APPEAL WAS CANCELLED BY THE OPERATOR. I then took that off my head but received a letter from a DEBT RECOVERY SERVICE demanding £120 as instructed by Smart Parking.

What should I be doing in this instance? All I was thinking to contact Recovery Company asking to speak with Smart Parking getting their records updated with appeal outcome.

Please help
    Tags: None

Re: ASDA Kings Heath Debt Recovery

Send an email.

Oi Dickhead,

The charge was cancelled after a popla appeal.

Yours sincerely

Winner

M1

Comment

Thanks for your reply it made me laugh. I have now emailed them and am awaiting a response.

Sorry for late reply as I did not have an email alert.

Regards

Riz

Comment

Still waiting but have not heard back from Debt Recovery Team.

Will keep you posted.

Regards

Comment

Hi again Mystery1

Unfortunately it is a bad news and I have asked to make the payment in full (as per Debt Recovery Man) by 22/02/2016. He asked me to provide evidence if I won the appeal (a letter or something). I went onto POPLA website again to have a screen print of evidence which I could have sent off to him but surprisingly I'd lost the appeal which wasn't showing on the website before.

Not sure what can be done; do you suggest I should pay or I should visit store and ask them to take this entire thing off the system?

Regards

Comment

I'd try the store manager. Failing that i, personally, would ignore them unless they send a proper letter before action or court papers. (filing all the crap they send).

M1

Comment

Thanks Mystery1

I will be visiting store tomorrow and would let you know the outcome.

Thanks again

Riz

Comment

Hi again

Just an update; I was asked to take evidence (transaction recorded on my statement/shopping receipt etc.) when visited the store yesterday.

I went into store today with my statement and they have cleared it off the system.

Moreover I phoned up Smart Parking Solutions to confirm this but they could not confirm anything at this stage as it can take upto 48hours to show on their system.

I will be in touch again once confirmed this with Smart Parking Solutions

Thanks

Comment

Sorry for not getting back any earlier. I have not contacted them since and have not heard anything from debt recovery either.

Finger crossed all seem to be fine. I will let you know if I hear from them.

Many thanks

Comment

Hi again

I could not get hold of anyone at the smart parking solutions so gave up after a few attempts and phoned up debt recovery team to confirm pending fine cancellation. I can now confirm that with all you help and advice my fine had been cancelled and there was nothing outstanding on my file.

Thanks again for your help and support and please keep the good work going.

Regards

Riz

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X