• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Met parking services pcn-won

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Met parking services pcn-won

Hi, I'm hoping you can help me. I am a disabled driver and parked in a disabled bay, my mum was with me and assisted me out of the car, after about 3 minutes she realised she hadn't displayed my badge, when she returned to the car I had a PCN notice on the car. The times are from 17:19 to 17:19, the ticket was issued within minutes of us parking. I have appealed it, after reading lots online I am doubtful that they will waver the fine, I have sent photos of my disability badge and explained that it was a genuine mistake, I'm assuming I will need to request a popla code from them. What wording would I need to use if it's gets to that stage?

Any advice would be appreciated.
    Tags: None

Re: Met parking services pcn

You shouldn't need to ask it should be automatic upon refusal.

Wording will be along the lines of donmaggipopla.rtf

However a significant court case result is due next week so it may change a bit, or not, as the case may be.

M1

Comment

Okay, thanks for your reply. I may come back you you if they reject my first appeal to check the wording is still correct.

Comment

:okay:

M1

Comment

Hi, I received a reply from Met who refused my appeal. I contacted Appeal Parking Ticket and they appealed to POPLA on my behalf asking for them to supply a contract, I have just got the evidence pack from Met that they've sent to POPLA and it looks pretty good! I'm very worried now as the company I used is saying they are not taking any new cases due to the court case, they are still dealing with mine. Think I'm pretty much screwed now! Is there anyway to contact Met to see if I can pay the previous amount? Help.

Comment

The evidence packs i've seen usually come with a poster saying "shit i'm going to lose" then i look at it and think they'll win.

The appeals service you are using should deal with it so email your case handler with the details.

Met will not accept the reduced offer now, i'd think, unless they can get their popla fee refunded which i doubt they can. Might as well await the result now.

M1

Comment

Well maybe I'll be lucky, think them not taking on new cases has worried me a bit!

I have emailed them but they said they didn't need to see the evidence pack (not sure if they get a copy.)

If I have to pay and lest it's held it off for a bit. Got to love dodgy parking companies! Thanks for replying so quickly.

Comment

I assume they aren't taking any on because they don't want to do lots of work to find out the method doesn't work and they make no money. If it turns out things do work, which is expected in many aspects but not all, they'll be back creaming off the money from people who are too busy/less/scared to follow free advice.

M1

Comment

I fall in the don't understand what I'm doing as far as POPLA goes! Am I able to respond to their evidence pack, I think I'd stand more of a chance if I said I was a paying customer and the fine is high. Not that they need to supply their contract, as they have done that in their evidence pack.

Comment

Originally posted by Tazmania1977 View Post
                    I fall in the don't understand what I'm doing as far as POPLA goes! Am I able to respond to their evidence pack, I think I'd stand more of a chance if I said I was a paying customer and the fine is high. Not that they need to supply their contract, as they have done that in their evidence pack.

The fine being high is a moot point after Beavis. I still leave it in as Popla haven't adjudicated on it but if they do they'll reject it 99.9999%.

Paying customer arguments depend on the contract. I would've raised it at the 1st appeal if i knew about it.

They should have to supply a contract and a witness statement may not be enough.

M1

Comment

This is what Parking Appeals put on the POPLA appeal... MET Parking Services Ltd does not have the standing to pursue parking charges through the courts. She requires a full copy of the contract to be provided.

Will that be any good? Their evidence pack is 49 pages long!!

- - - Updated - - -

This is their reply... MET Parking Services Ltd are contracted by BBC Pensions Trust Limited c/o CBRE Management Services Limited to ensure adherence to the terms and conditions of the car park. Our interest in the land arises from our obligation to perform our contractual duties by ensuring provision can be made for motorists to park and facilitate motorists to use the client’s premises.
                      The Judges who ruled on the ParkingEye v Beavis case considered this point and held that ParkingEye had contracted with the motorist as a principal and not as agent and the contract had been formed by way of the signage displayed at the site and the motorist parking his car on the site.
                      We do not feel we have to provide a copy of an un-redacted contract between ourselves and our client as it contains information which is commercially sensitive and not relevant in this instance. We have however provided a suitably redacted copy of the contract which specifies all the relevant points.

Comment

In that case i reckon you're fairly certain to win if a few past decisions are anything to go by.

M1

Comment

That's made me feel a little more at ease, I only received that today so not sure how long it takes to hear back! I will let you know how it goes. Thank you, sounds like you help a lot if people.

Comment

Originally posted by Tazmania1977 View Post
                            That's made me feel a little more at ease, I only received that today so not sure how long it takes to hear back! I will let you know how it goes. Thank you, sounds like you help a lot if people.
                            A few. Not nearly as many as the people you paid though. I haven't had a report from any new popla decision on any appeal i've done though.

M1

Comment

Well they've not helped me yet!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X