• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

smart parking, other driver details - WON

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• smart parking, other driver details - WON

I got a letter about parking over the 1.5h limit in a small retail park in Long Eaton, Nottingham " governed by smartparking " and I appealed through smart parkings website.

I did not give any driver details and it was not me driving my car, rather someone taking my gran who is unstable on her feet, slow and too stuborn + independant to have a wheelchair around a pet shop ( pets at home ) at side of the car park, then to a halifax to sort out her bank then the KFC that also is situated at side of the parking area.

this was the case I wouldn't use my gran as a way to get out of a fine, also I should have copied the appeal before submitting as I cannot access what I originally wrote to them so I cannot post here what I wrote.

that was about 3-4 weeks ago and I have today received a reply in my e-mails titled " additional evidence required " from smart parking which is pasted here...

Parking Charge Notice Number : XXXXXXXXXX

"Thank you for your recent communication.

In order to complete our adjudication on your appeal we ask that you provide us with the following additional information or evidence to info@smartparking.com

I acknowledge that you was not the driver on the date of contravention and would for the driver details of whom was driving the vehicle on the date of contravention, we will need this information by the 09/09/2015, if we do not receive this information by specified date we will make a decision accordingly.

Once we have received this information we will contact you again to confirm our adjudication.

Yours sincerely,

Smart Parking Ltd"

could I ask what I send now to them as I would not send any details and end up landing my grans friend with confusion on what to do, they would just pay it thinking it was helping me out and I begrudge them sending a penny to some albeit polite penny pinching coffers.

Thanks, MarkNotts.
    Tags: None

Re: smart parking, other driver details

You are not obliged to give the driver's details. They are being naughty in asking for details as a condition for responding to the appeal.

Write back saying that their is no obligation to provide the name and just issue a POPLA code. Or just ignore and see when and what comes back.

Then come back here to see what you send to POPLA. Does your Gran have a blue badge?

Comment

Send them some

Chancing gits.

M1

Comment

Originally posted by ostell View Post
        You are not obliged to give the driver's details. They are being naughty in asking for details as a condition for responding to the appeal.

Write back saying that their is no obligation to provide the name and just issue a POPLA code. Or just ignore and see when and what comes back.

Then come back here to see what you send to POPLA. Does your Gran have a blue badge?
        Thanks for the info I'll reply now to it

- - - Updated - - -

m1 much as I'd like to send the remains of tonights curry in the morning I'm not sure how to binary code it and send it in a big data packet lol

Comment

Originally posted by ostell View Post

Thanks a bunch I never knew that we are not obligated to send driver details to private parking muppets! , I received an E-mail today saying that they have cancelled the PCN..

I wrote this to smartparking last night..

I recently recieved an e-mail asking for details of the person driving my car, I am extremely annoyed that someone should suggest I pass details of my granmas close friends driving liscence, I have no wish to provide those details and end up with the driver recieving a penalty notice!.
          also I have had free legal advise on this and I am in no obligation to provide ANY details to you, either mine or the actual driver, I therefore request a POPLA code so I can appeal to a proffesional body.

they replied today..

Dear xxxxxx

Parking Charge Notice Number : xxxxxxxxxx

Thank you for your recent communication.

I have noted the points you raised and would like to confirm that we are cancelling the Parking Charge Notice.

If I can be of any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me.

Yours sincerely,

Smart Parking Ltd

Result thanks a lot ostell and Legalbeagles

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X