• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

MET Parking Services advice - Own space - won

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MET Parking Services advice - Own space - won

Hi,

I am really struggling to get out from the PCN send by MET. I stay in an flat and I have been allocated parking bay for my vehicle. MET has provided with Parking permit which expiries after 12 months and you need to collect parking permit after 12 months.

As I was not in the country due to family emergency and forgot to collect it once I was back due to health issue, I was issued with 2 PCN for same reason.

Now my appeal has been rejected and they have asked me to make an appeal with POPLA, I am confused what to do. As when I got the flat it was with parking Bay and why MET are making new rules to take money from me.

Please advice.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi,

I am really struggling to get out from the PCN send by MET. I stay in an flat and I have been allocated parking bay for my vehicle. MET has provided with Parking permit which expiries after 12 months and you need to collect parking permit after 12 months.

As I was not in the country due to family emergency and forgot to collect it once I was back due to health issue, I was issued with 2 PCN for same reason.

Now my appeal has been rejected and they have asked me to make an appeal with POPLA, I am confused what to do. As when I got the flat it was with parking Bay and why MET are making new rules to take money from me.

Please advice.
    Tags: None

Re: MET Parking Services advice - Won

What does your lease say ?

What was your appeal ?

M1

Comment

Re: MET Parking Services advice - Own space

Thanks for your message.

I appeal clearing mentioning following points.

Dear Sir / Madam,

This is regarding “PCN” Number ********.

I am writing to formally challenge the above Penalty Charge Notice.

I was not in the UK for the month of April was outside the country for family emergency and when I came back I saw the PCN. I had a word with the management company and they mentioned they will have word with MET and make sure the PCN is cancelled. Also there is no clear sign display that once permit is expired it is not a valid permit nor any kind of reminder letter. Also I have received one more PCN “MP4296363A” for the same reason, how I can receive PCN twice for same reason.

I feel there should not be any need to replace the “Parking Perming”, as we already register our number plate when we collected the number plate first time, I got the property with the parking space allocated to my home address and I don’t want any company to charge me un-necessary PCN even if my vehicle is registered in the system and I am parking at the same place for more than a year.

For this reason I look forward to receiving notification that the Penalty Charge Notice has been cancelled within 28 day

If you wish to reject my appeal, I will like to see following documents.

1. Validation of the alleged debt (the actual accounting), not a Photostat copy.
      2. Verification of your claim against me (a sworn affidavit or a hand signed invoice in accordance with The Bills of Exchange Act (1882));
      3. A copy of any alleged contract signed by both parties and therefore binding both parties.
      4. A signed copy of any contract you have with Management Company, showing authorisation from them for the exorbitant charges you are demanding.

5. A copy of agreement between MET and residents of berberis house, stating the above process.

Please Note:
      I wish to deal with this matter in writing and I do not give your organization permission to contact me by any other means. Should you do so, I must warn you that this could constitute ‘harassment' and I may take action under Section 1 of the Protection from Harassment Act 1997 and the Administration of Justice Act 1970 S.40, which makes it a Criminal Offence for a creditor or a creditor's agent to make demands (for money), which are aimed at causing 'alarm, distress or humiliation', because of their frequency or manner..

Comment

Ok so we can't use keeper liability.

What does your lease say ?

M1

Comment

I will check from home and post it by tonight.

Comment

Hi,

I have attached details about the car park from the lease agreement, Please provide me with the solution for my problem.

They have raised 2 PCN for same reason at least it will be great if I can cancel one. Also I am writing a Petitions and try to get signature from the resident to challenge the approach used by MET to take money.

Thanks for your time much appreciated.

Cheeers,
            A
            Attached Files

Comment

So it gives you an allocated space for your use and doesn't say you need to display a permit ?

M1

Comment

thanks for your response.

Yes in the lease there is no detail about the parking permit. But sorry I was not clear from the start, I had received parking permit last year (after registering my number plate) and I had put it on my car and they forcefully expires the parking permit after a year. After a year they allocate new parking ticket and instead of delivering to my home they force to collect from the management office, due to family emergency I was not able to get the parking permit from them, there was no reminder or online service to get the permit as we do for Road Tax.

To collect the parking permit once I received PCN I had to take holiday from my work and go any collect it from the office. At that time also I gave my number plate and they update their system with the same

Thanks for your time.

Comment

The point is that the permit is a red herring. If the lease says the space is yours then it's yours. Some random shit about permits afterwards means diddly squat. They cannot give you the rights to the space and then give the same rights away to another party without you giving up your rights.

I'm working this weekend but will write a popla appeal next week.

M1

Comment

thanks for your time, much appreciated.

Comment

My lease gives them an additional right to make regulations regarding car parking, rubbish collection and so one, quite independently of the right to use the parking space.

Have you checked for that kind of provision.

Comment

hi,

Thanks for your mail, I cannot see in my lease anywhere, I think MET car parking services is hired by the management company who also is making money.

Comment

You're looking for a general power to impose regulations.

Comment

HI,

Thanks for your time.

I have created draft version of the appeal against the PCN , Please advice whether this is the correct approach or I hae missed something.

am writing to formally challenge the above Penalty Charge Notice.

For the following reason I think the PCN was forced on me for un-necessary reason.

· My car was parked at my bay allocated to me when I bought the property, “MET parking services” has no rights to put ticket on my car parked at my private property.
                            · I was not in the UK in April for family emergency and when I came back I saw the PCN.
                            · When I received the first parking permit I had registered my Number plate and if I have not changed my car for what reason they keep on expiring the parking ticket. “MET parking services” is taking advantage of the monopoly and sending us PCN for un-necessary reason.
                            · There was no reminder from “MET parking services” to collect the parking permit. Also there is no option to order the permit online (As we do it for road tax) and in order to collect it we need to go the management office which opens from 10 A.M to 4 pm (Never open’s on time) and for which we need to take leave from office.
                            · Once PCN was issued I had a word with the management company and they mentioned they will have word with “MET parking services” and make sure the PCN is cancelled.
                            · There is no agreement between the building resident and “MET parking services” to change the parking permit every year or before making this type of rule they should clearly inform all the resident.
                            · There is no clear sign display that once permit is expired it is not a valid permit nor any kind of reminder letter.
                            · I have received one more PCN “*****” for the same reason, how I can receive PCN twice for same reason.

I had requested following documents from the “MET parking services” but not received anything in writing.

1. Validation of the alleged debt (the actual accounting), not a Photostat copy.
                            2. Verification of your claim against me (a sworn affidavit or a hand signed invoice in accordance with The Bills of Exchange Act (1882));
                            3. A copy of any alleged contract signed by both parties and therefore binding both parties.
                            4. A signed copy of any contract you have with Management Company, showing authorisation from them for the exorbitant charges you are demanding.

5. A copy of agreement between MET parking services and residents of Berberis house, stating the above process.

MET parking services” are taking advantage of monopoly and troubling the resident of Berberis house.

Comment

Stop panicing

I'll write you an appeal. I've never lost a popla appeal yet.

Patience is a virtue

Probably be tonight.

M1

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X