• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Parking Eye WON with bonus booted offsite

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking Eye WON with bonus booted offsite

New here and looking for help please

Background,

I am a sub contractor courier driver for a national courier firm,

The van I drive (I am the only driver) is leased via a third party,

The third party has received a PCN from parking eye, and passed it on to me to deal with, stating deal with it or I will pay it and dock it from your payments,

the leasing company have already invoked a £30 handling fee for passing on details of who leases the vehicle to parking eye.

On the date and time of the claimed infringement I was delivering 15 parcels to the company whose car park this was, I was there for 10 minutes, I can provide a copy of my delivery schedule for that day, which clearly shows I was delivering there that date, but not at what time.

If this ticket was in my name I would just appeal it, stating the above facts, however as the third party has washed his hand of it as stated above (the PCN is in his name)

I am unsure how to proceed, also if I do appeal and win, can I also try and claim the incurred £30 charged by the leasing company from parking eye?

The courier company have told me I can state in any appeal that until this charge is cancelled and I have a written assurance this will not happen again, that the company concerned will not receive any further deliveries from us,

Should I state that in my appeal at this stage?

Any advice gratefully accepted.

Thank you

Leigh
    Tags: None

Re: Parking Eye

The lease company and the actual ticket are 2 distinct, but related matters and need dealt with individually.

For the ticket you need to appeal as the driver because this should take your company out of it.

Dear sirs,

I, as driver of vehicle xxxxx on xxxxx, was in the car park xxx as an invited guest of xxxx as i was contracted to deliver xxxxxxx. I was not parked but merely unloading and in any event your charges are penal and not a genuine pre estimate of loss.

Should you reject my appeal please supply a popla code.

Yours etc

If you get a popla code come back for further advice.

You should also contact the person you delivered too and tell them of your issues to see if they can get it cancelled as well as sort you out for future deliveries, if indeed you make any.

As for the £30 admin charge, it will depend what the lease says but i'd imagine it includes parking fines and not speculative invoices. If so a few letters should annoy them enough to drop it or refund.

M1

Comment

Thanks Mystery, will get that letter in the post (recorded delivery) tomorrow

Comment

https://www.parkingeye.co.uk/contact-us/

Free :okay:

M1

Comment

Quick update,

Have received a letter from parking eye, stating that the copy I sent of my run sheet for that date is not enough proof, and they require a copy of the site owners employees signature as proof,

These are captured electronically on a pda, and the company I contract to have said they can supply me with a printed copy of that,

Parking eye also said that they have put the PCN on hold for 14 days to await for my reply

Leigh

Comment

Originally posted by Hazegood View Post
            Quick update,

Have received a letter from parking eye, stating that the copy I sent of my run sheet for that date is not enough proof, and they require a copy of the site owners employees signature as proof,

These are captured electronically on a pda, and the company I contract to have said they can supply me with a printed copy of that,

Parking eye also said that they have put the PCN on hold for 14 days to await for my reply

Leigh

To$$ers. Still sounds like you'll win.

M1

Comment

PCN got quashed today, because in our warehouse there are 30 boxes of cleaning materials that the gym are in desperate need of, that have been sat there for a week or so and we have refused to deliver to them unless this was sorted out, the courier company told the gym management that they will have to collect from our depot 30 miles away or the good will be returned to sender,

All of a sudden the Gyms manager who said at first he could not help has got it sorted for me, and I have that in writing both from them and parking eye,

Regarding the admin fee from my leasing company they said if I win the appeal , all I have to do is send them a copy of the decision and they will refund me,

I went past the gym today, and noticed that all the parking eye signs have been taken down, so it seems they have stopped using them

I call that a result

Leigh

Comment

Re: Parking Eye WON with bonus booted offsite

My heart bleeds for them. :okay:

M1

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X