• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Parking Eye PCN - Can I have some advice please ?- WON

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking Eye PCN - Can I have some advice please ?- WON

Hi Guys,

We have received a PCN from Parking Eye. They are demanding £85 (£50 if we pay I the next few weeks). It happened in the Morrisons Car Park in Reigate and I understand there have been a lot of issues with Parking Eye in this particular Car Park.

My wife was parked in the Car Park from 18:03 until 22:02 on 16th January. She was meeting a friend for dinner in the town, it's not a Car Park that she uses on a regular basis and because it was dark, she didn't see the parking notices. She looked around for a meter to pay for parking but she couldn't find any (in fact they don't exist).

We both think that this is outrageous and against our principles, that a private parking company can hold the public to ransom in what is the main Car Park for the town. We want to appeal against the fine and then go to POPLA if necessary (which I'm sure it will be). However, we don't want to fight a battle that we're obviously going to lose. If someone 'in the know' could give us an opinion, that would be great.
    Tags: None

Re: Parking Eye PCN - Can I have some advice please ?

You are unlikely to lose with an appeal and probably a good popla appeal. Even if you did the Beavis appeal will be settled by the time your appeal(s) are done and you'll know exactly what a court thinks of them !

Anyway,

Dear Sirs,

I, as registered keeper, wish to invoke your appeals procedure. The driver, whom i am under no statutory obligation to name, did not see any signs. In any event your charges are penal and not a genuine pre estimate of loss.

Should you reject my appeal please supply a popla code.

Yours etc

Should you get a popla code please come back for more advice.

M1

Comment

Thanks very much mystery1. I will definitely be appealing this PCN. Out of interest, how does an appeal affect the timeline of the charges (£50 becomes £85 on Friday week) ? How long can I expect this process to take ?

Comment

Originally posted by traveller_chris View Post
        Thanks very much mystery1. I will definitely be appealing this PCN. Out of interest, how does an appeal affect the timeline of the charges (£50 becomes £85 on Friday week) ? How long can I expect this process to take ?

I think they usually offer another 14 days, but don't quote me on that as there is no reall regulation so they can effectively do what they want.

Initial appeal takes only a few days usually. Popla 8+ weeks.

M1

Comment

Originally posted by mystery1 View Post
          I think they usually offer another 14 days, but don't quote me on that as there is no reall regulation so they can effectively do what they want.

Initial appeal takes only a few days usually. Popla 8+ weeks.

M1
          We have a victory !!... thanks very much for your help!

Dear Sir / Madam,
          We refer to the Parking Charge incurred on 16 January 2015 at 22:02:50, at Morrisons Reigate Customer car park.
          We can confirm that this Charge has been cancelled and there is no outstanding payment due on this account.
          Kind Regards,
          ParkingEye Team

Comment

Originally posted by traveller_chris View Post
            We have a victory !!... thanks very much for your help!

Dear Sir / Madam,
            We refer to the Parking Charge incurred on 16 January 2015 at 22:02:50, at Morrisons Reigate Customer car park.
            We can confirm that this Charge has been cancelled and there is no outstanding payment due on this account.
            Kind Regards,
            ParkingEye Team

Surprised they gave up on a didn't see any signs appeal. Nice win :okay:

M1

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X