• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Parking eye PCN - Won

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking eye PCN - Won

I'm in pretty much the same situation as DeeTee with Parking Eye cameras taking photos on entrance and exit of Rheidol Retail Park, Aberystwyth.

However both occupants of the vehicle are disabled. There were no disabled bays available on first entering and time was spent waiting for another disabled driver to vacate a suitable space. A valid Blue Disabled Badge was displayed in the vehicle whilst parked.

The date of the alleged "event" was 24/11/2014, date of issue is 29/11/2014, but date of delivery to me is today 10/12/14. The Parking Charge Notice claims that the maximum free stay is 2hrs but the vehicle was in the park for 2hrs 55min.

I know the occupants shopped in 4 of the shops in the complex but only 1 receipt has been found. Very few people would think to keep receipts for food for this length of time, once food has been consumed.

I live a 4hr drive away so cannot check the signage for further details. I would be interested to know if there are exclusions for disabled users, does the sign state "park for 2 hrs" or "stay for 2hrs", if they have exceeded the time constraints for send this notice and how can I go about challeging it's validity. Any help or advice would be much appreciated please.
    Last edited by BlueBabe; 10th December 2014, 22:05:PM. Reason: Typo error
    Tags: None

Re: Parking eye PCN

Appeal.

Dear Sirs,

I, as registered keeper, wish to invoke your appeals procedure. The driver, whom i am under no statutory obligation to name, was assisting a disabled person and spent money on site (see attached reciept). In any event your charges are penal and not a genuine pre estimate of loss.

Should you reject my appeal please supply a popla code.

Yours etc

Should you get a popla code please come back for more advice.

M1

Comment

I'm off to Aber this weekend so can get up to date pictures if you want M.
      I know they have changed since my daughter's run in.

Comment

Originally posted by des8 View Post

Always handy if they won't accept the appeal :okay:

M1

Comment

Originally posted by des8 View Post
          I would appreciate recent photos please

I've recieved another Parking Charge Notice from them today... for the same event!

Comment

I've tweeked it a bit by enclosing a photocopy of my receipt (not original) and stating that time was spent waiting for a suitable disabled parking space to be vacated. I have also quoted the serial number of the blue badge used coz it relates to the registered keeper and doesn't imply a driver name.

My years of office training have taught me to add "Copied to file" on the bottom of letters to tell the reader that you have officially kept a copy, which in turn implies that you are organised and not about to let this go

I'll let you know what happens

Comment

Originally posted by BlueBabe View Post
              I've tweeked it a bit by enclosing a photocopy of my receipt (not original) and stating that time was spent waiting for a suitable disabled parking space to be vacated. I have also quoted the serial number of the blue badge used coz it relates to the registered keeper and doesn't imply a driver name.

My years of office training have taught me to add "Copied to file" on the bottom of letters to tell the reader that you have officially kept a copy, which in turn implies that you are organised and not about to let this go

I'll let you know what happens
              :okay:

Once for each one, remember.

M1

Comment

Both PCNs have the same Ref no. and the same pay-by dates, so I assume 1 appeal will do it for both. First PCN arrived 10th Dec, second PCN arrived 11 Dec, both have discounted rate if paid by 13th Dec. Obviously due to postage delay at this busy time but should they extend the timescale because I didn't receive it on time?

Appeal will be posted by recorded delivery in the the morning. I don't want it getting lost in the post masroll:

Comment

Originally posted by BlueBabe View Post
                  I would appreciate recent photos please

I've recieved another Parking Charge Notice from them today... for the same event!
                  That's just being plain greedy

Comment

https://www.parkingeye.co.uk/contact-us/

Free :okay:

Yes if it's the same charge with 2 letters 1 appeal is ok. I'd be inclined to ask though.

M1

Comment

I have a reply from Parking Eye. It doesn't mention my 'Appeal letter' but it does reference the correct notice number and it states "We can confirm that this Charge has been cancelled and there is no outstanding payment due on this account". It's got "Kind Regards, ParkingEye Team" but no-one has bothered to sign it.

I'll file it away as a success but it just goes to show how half hearted the office staff are

Thank you to everyone for the advice and to Des8 for the photos. I'm so glad I found this group, without your help it may have been a very different outcome xx

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X