• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Parking eye PCN - Won

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking eye PCN - Won

Hi all - I am new to this forum and have just received my very first ever parking ticket from Parking Eye - ( 6minutes over the allotted 1hr time limit) ..I have read through previous forum advice and found a template to use to try and have this revoked but it is stating that I should not use this template from 20th October - can anyone direct me to the new template to use which has most effect

thanks
    Tags: None

Re: Parking eye PCN

Is this just the first notice or have you appealed and now have a popla code ?

M1

Comment

1st notice - only received it yesterday - it looks like the standard PCN stating the fine is £100 but if I pay within 14 days it is discounted down to £60

Comment

Were you a customer ? Were there queus in/out ?

Depending on circumstances the initial appeal is like the one below or similar

Dear Sirs,

I, as registered keeper, wish to invoke your appeals procedure. The driver did not park for 110 minutes as they had to circle a few times to find a space as well as leaving taking time and as the cameras are at the entrance exit they did not take this non parked time in to account. There was also a genuine customer on site ( proof of purchase attached). In any event your charges are penal in nature and not a genuine pre estimate of loss.

I am under no statutory obligation to name the driver and will not do so.

If you reject my appeal please supply a popla code.

Yours etc

If they supply a popla code please return and i'll sort out a popla appeal for you.

M1

Comment

Thanks - I will let you know their response in due course

Comment

Here are the up to date signs at Rheidol Parc, Aberystwyth.

Sorry, one has come up sideways.
            That is the one at the "entrance". It is actually some distance in beyond the cameras, and due to its siting & height it is possible to enter the parc and park without passing that sign, or seeing any other of their signs!

I have the font sizes (in the car at the moment!) and I'll put them up later.
            The interesting point is that since our defence centering around the word "Parcio" they define that word in the very small print at the bottom of the sign!

Comment

Interesting sign. The terms and conditions, are they above or below the warning ?

Is the £85 for parking when the gates are locked or blue badge etc

Contra proferentem - The contra proferentem rule states, broadly, that where there is doubt about the meaning of the contract, the words will be construed against the person who put them forward.

Also http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/1...ulation/7/madeWritten contracts

7. (1) A seller or supplier shall ensure that any written term of a contract is expressed in plain, intelligible language.(2) If there is doubt about the meaning of a written term, the interpretation which is most favourable to the consumer shall prevail but this rule shall not apply in proceedings brought under regulation 12.

:okay:

M1

Comment

To be honest I didn't pay much attention as I was meeting daughter from Shropshire for lunch and just took the photos.
                I don't think there are any gates, and Argos (who are on site) are open till 9.00pm.
                The terms and conditions (which seem to be in the very small print at the base of the signs) are deliberately designed to be difficult to read and understand (as one would expect).
                I'm just going to get the font sizes and will post up in a bit.

Comment

FONT SIZES: largest 35mm" 2 hour max stay" This is height of letter "o" There are no capitals to measure!
                  next:20mm " Customer only car park"
                  next 10mm "closing times"
                  next 12.5mm " failure to comply ....."
                  next 15mm "parking limited to ......."
                  next 10mm "parent and toddlers....."
                  next 2.5/3mm(?) "terms and conditions "

The bottom of the entrance sign is probably 8' high and the others are about 2m high. Difficult to read the small print!!

Comment

This parc is so notorious locally that there is even a facebook site "Aberystwyth Parking Issues" dedicated to opposing PE.
                    The man running it NEv MET is winning at Popla on GPEoL
                    I'm not on Facebook, but keep receiving updates from others1

Comment

M1 - Just heard back from PCN - I sent the letter you suggested and the receipt - they have now confirmed in writing that they will be taking no further action - great result and thanks for all your help

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X