• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Parking eye wrong registration put in ticket machine - Won

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking eye wrong registration put in ticket machine - Won

My wife parked her car in a hotel car park managed by parking eye. She paid £3 in cash for 3 hours parking and received a ticket which she placed on the dash board. She has received a parking charge notice which has a photo of the car with an arrival and departure time and a time in the car park of 2hrs 25mins.
    She didn't keep the ticket. As she doesn't normally drive this car she thinks she may have wrongly entered the characters on the number plate. We have appealed to Parking Eye but have not received a reply but we have received a reminder of the PCN. She did pay and we assume that the ticket machine will have a record showing the incorrectly entered reg no we have asked Parking Eye to check the record for tickets issued at the time of arrival and to check if this wrongly entered reg has not left the park which would confirm that she has paid albeit for the wrong registration no. Should she continue with the appeal or pay the charge?
    Tags: None

Re: Parking eye wrong registration put in ticket machine

Parking Eye are actually pretty good at cancelling when you paid, particularly if a copy of the ticket is given to them. The reminder is either crossed post or lost post. I would chase them and if they say they haven't got it https://www.parkingeye.co.uk/contact-us/

M1

Comment

As I mentioned my wife paid cash and didn't keep the ticket (who would have?) your last sentence seems incomplete "and if they say they haven't got it" then what??

Comment

Originally posted by Parkingpop View Post
        As I mentioned my wife paid cash and didn't keep the ticket (who would have?) your last sentence seems incomplete "and if they say they haven't got it" then what??
        Submit it again via the link

M1

Comment

The appeal letter was signed for and I sent them an email asking for a reply the email was sent via their police tab

Comment

Originally posted by Parkingpop View Post
            The appeal letter was signed for and I sent them an email asking for a reply the email was sent via their police tab

In that case you'll be fine.

M1

Comment

You were right M1, had letter from Parking Eye cancelling the charge. Thanks for your help.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X