• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Met supplied popla code - response to them - Won

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Met supplied popla code - response to them - Won

Hello,

I have received a Met parking tickets for being in mcdonalds car park at Gatwick for 94 minutes and not 60 as they state is allowed on their parking charge notice. I had food then fell to sleep in my car before leaving. The vehicle is a company courtesy car, so the ticket was sent to them and addressed to them as they are the registered keeper.

Whats the best way to get around the ticket as I have seen a lot of people appealing and winning cases?

Regards
    Tags: None

Re: Met parking fine

Are the company happy to help you or expecting you to sort it yourself ?

M1

Comment

They have sent me through the fine and normally we would phone the person who was driving vehicle and get them to pay, so I presume I am going to have to deal with it myself.

Comment

I will add they have only emailed me the front copy I am waiting to receive the original.

Comment

In that case it is best to tell them you were driving.

Dear sirs,

I wish to invoke your appeals procedure as driver of xxxx on xxxxx. I did not see the signs and was a patron of McDonalds. (see attached copy of receipt). In any event your charges are penal and not a genuine pre estimate of loss.

Should you reject my appeal please supply a popla code.

Yours etc

Remove the receipt part if you don't have it. If you get a popla code come back for an appeal to them.

M1

Comment

Ok thank you, should I put that on our company headed paper or as the letter has come directly from myself?

Comment

Whatever is cheaper for you or even info@metparking.com

M1

Comment

Originally posted by mystery1 View Post
                In that case it is best to tell them you were driving.

Dear sirs,

I wish to invoke your appeals procedure as driver of xxxx on xxxxx. I did not see the signs and was a patron of McDonalds. (see attached copy of receipt). In any event your charges are penal and not a genuine pre estimate of loss.

Should you reject my appeal please supply a popla code.

Yours etc

Remove the receipt part if you don't have it. If you get a popla code come back for an appeal to them.

M1
                Ok thank you, should I put that on our company headed paper or as the letter has come directly from myself?

also shall I put my full name on the letter, as well as the address that I work at which is different to the one on the parking charge notice, or make them aware that all correspondence should be sent back to my address

Comment

Originally posted by richbtfc View Post

also shall I put my full name on the letter, as well as the address that I work at which is different to the one on the parking charge notice, or make them aware that all correspondence should be sent back to my address
                  Home address is best.

M1

Comment

super I will let you know how I get on.

Comment

AppealsDepartment, MyAddress….
                      METParking Services,
                      PO BOX64168,
                      London
                      WC1A9BE

DearSirs,

I wish to invoke your appeals procedure as driver of PARKER1 on 05/11/2014. Idid not see the signs and was a patron of McDonalds. In any event your chargesare penal and not a genuine pre estimate of loss.

Should you reject my appeal please supply a POPLA code.

Yours Sincerely

Rich .....

Do you feel this would be suitable M1?

Last edited by mystery1; 18th November 2014, 11:14:AM. Reason: reg #

Comment

:okay:

M1

Comment

how do you delete post or amend them off here as I will take the reg out?

Comment

Go to the post and at bottom right is an EDIT button.

Comment

There should've been an edit post button but i did it anyway.

M1

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X