• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Claim form received from Debt Enforcement & Action ltd -Won

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Claim form received from Debt Enforcement & Action ltd

Let me know what happens as ive just had a similar phone call from the lady at DEAL asking for £130... to end it all now, i declined but they called me on deadline day too! fingers crossed for you!

Comment

Hello [MENTION=5354]mystery1[/MENTION]. DEAL was supposed to send proof of address and practise number for their solicitor by Wednesday. I have not received anything and called the court today to ask if they had. I was told they hadn't and according to the court letter the claim
      should now be struck out. If I don't receive anything from the court on Monday I take it that I should still go to court on Tuesday? How can I find out for sure if the claim has been struck out?

Comment

The problem is that the courts are usually behind with paperwork so although it sounds like it is struck out, and given you never got it either it pretty much certainly is, it is safer to turn up if possible.

I would call the court late on Monday to see if the case is still listed (going ahead).

M1

Comment

Would it be wise to go to the court prepared with your costs to claim against Deal for their unreasonable behaviour. Just in case the paperwork is incorrect and Deal turn up?

Comment

Always.

M1

Comment

Hi All,

Last update:

I phone the court on Monday 25 June and Tuesday 26 June to ask if the claim had been dismissed. They had confirmed that they had not received the registration number and Address of the solicitor who signed the claim form, but the claim had not been officially dismissed and I was advised to still turn up for the hearing.

I got a call on Tuesday afternoon to say that the court had no judges :juge:available for the Wednesday :tinysmile_aha_t: and that the case is postponed until August.

Towards the end of last week I received a letter from the court stating that the claim in now dismissed - I assume because DEAL didn't provide the details of the solicitor as requested.

Thank you for all your help [MENTION=5354]mystery1[/MENTION] and for answering all my questions so patiently.

Comment

Re: Claim form received from Debt Enforcement & Action ltd -Won

Send a letter similar to http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...836#post548836 to the court with a list of costs and amend the list of unreasonable stuff to reflect your case. Price of a letter with a decent chance of a few quid from them.

M1

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X