• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Charge notice for being in services whilst on road. **WON**

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charge notice for being in services whilst on road. **WON**

Hi all.
    Im glad to be part of this site. I am a sole trader and am sure from time to time Ill need help with legal issues against the big boys.
    I was recently sent a 'charge notice' from CPplus for being parked for 4 hours in Norton Canes service station. I went in there twice in the same day and they are using 2 of the photos to make up a 4 hour period. There is a pic of my van at 12.07 and another one from about 4 hours later when I had returned to the services on my way back to London. I left the services at approx 12.20 and went up to Chester. I went through the M6 toll booth and have a receiipt but it doesnt have my number plate on it, only my bank details. Is this proof that I wasnt there? How can I prove that I am the only driver of the vehicle as it was my bank card that paid the toll. Any ideas?
    I intend to refuse to pay the 'invoice' and get a load of witness letters from the people I was working for in Chester as they all saw me arrive and unload my van.
    Thanks in advance.

Charge notice for being in services whilst on road. Is my M6 toll receipt evidence?

Hi all.
    Im glad to be part of this site. I am a sole trader and am sure from time to time Ill need help with legal issues against the big boys.
    I was recently sent a 'charge notice' from CPplus for being parked for 4 hours in Norton Canes service station. I went in there twice in the same day and they are using 2 of the photos to make up a 4 hour period. There is a pic of my van at 12.07 and another one from about 4 hours later when I had returned to the services on my way back to London. I left the services at approx 12.20 and went up to Chester. I went through the M6 toll booth and have a receiipt but it doesnt have my number plate on it, only my bank details. Is this proof that I wasnt there? How can I prove that I am the only driver of the vehicle as it was my bank card that paid the toll. Any ideas?
    I intend to refuse to pay the 'invoice' and get a load of witness letters from the people I was working for in Chester as they all saw me arrive and unload my van.
    Thanks in advance.
    Rach

Comment

Re: Charge notice for being in services whilst on road. Is my M6 toll receipt evidenc

were you using a sat nav that has a GPS Logger
      it may help
      Don't let them grind you down

Comment

Re: Charge notice for being in services whilst on road. Is my M6 toll receipt evidenc

Do you also have signed delivery notes or PDA records of your delivery.

Have you already contacted CP Plus to dispute the charge?
        Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

Yes I have a signed delivery note, a letter from the company saying that I was delivering to them etc and also the invoice that I sent to the company which also explains that I drove up to Chester on that day. BUY the M6 toll receipt has to be the best piece of evidence surely? Im not sure what a PDA record is?
          Rach

Comment

Hmmmmm not sure on that day but I think I always use my Sat nav for the final bit of that journey yes. How can I check to see if i deleted the last few routes? )I do this sometimes to clear past locations)
            Rach

Comment

Woops just read your message again. A sat nav that has a gPS logger? Ive got a sat nav that I use but not sure about the GPS logger? Is that something that I would have had to set up?
              Rach

Comment

Sorry. No I havent contacted CP Plus yet as Im unsure of what to say exactly yet (i just want to shout but I know that wont help)
                Rach

Comment

Re: Newbie ticketed in service station whilst on road. Is my M6 toll reciept evidence

Appeal.

Dear Sirs,

I, as registered keeper, wish to invoke your appeals procedure. The vehicle visited the services twice in one day and was not their for 4 hours. In any event your charges are penal in nature and not a genuine pre estimate of loss.

I am under no statutory obligation to name the driver.

Should you reject my appeal please supply a popla code and be advised that i will contact the police as there will be evidence that this letter demanding money when none is due will go from a simple "mistake" to a deliberate act.

Yours etc

M1

Comment

Originally posted by Rach Speakeasy View Post
                    Woops just read your message again. A sat nav that has a gPS logger? Ive got a sat nav that I use but not sure about the GPS logger? Is that something that I would have had to set up?
                    Rach
                    make and model no of sat nav please
                    Don't let them grind you down

Comment

Garmin Nuvi 250 14G746312 Hope that helps?

Comment

Re: Newbie ticketed in service station whilst on road. Is my M6 toll reciept evidence

Thanks. Im not great at wording. Should I ask for the film footage between the two times as evidence?
                        Rach

Comment

No and they won't have it anyway.

M1

Comment

Really? Surely thats their only evidence/proof that I was there for 4 hours?!
                            R

Comment

Image on arrival and departure. The 1st exit was missed as the system is flawed. It's common.

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co...immediate.html

M1

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X