• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Help Parking eye county court money claim - Won

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Parking eye county court money claim - Won

HI all I have recevied a county court money claim, I have logged on and said I will prepare a defence so this gives me more days.. I received this 24th october 2014 the fine is for overstay on a hospital drop off zone
    I took my son to hospital with a head injury rushed in through the drop off zone when stable I paid the parking and moved the car to a better location, received the fine replied with a letter asking for the fine to be dropped due to circumstances, did not hear back now get a county court claim - any help on defence?
    I have asked hospital for evidence of reason for visit,
    help on what to reply as defence??
    Tags: None

Re: Help Parking eye county court money claim

You need to post as much info as you can. Letters, notices pictures of signs etc (remove the name address and vehicle reg number but leaving dates)

I would also contact parking Eye explaining that the driver paid and that your appeal as registered keeper went unanswered.

M1

Comment

I have uploaded the summons form
      Attached Files

Comment

as before this was for staying longer than the allowed time in a drop off zone at hospital it was at night no one else there, I paid at the parking meter for 2 hours parking can anyone advise the defence I offered them a cheque for £10 to cover this and the appeal was rejected as they advised me I appealed too late I only got one previous letter from them I appealed to them via writing as this is what you are told to do via the telephone number they ignored this and then sent the summons.

Comment

Ok, so you have filed acknowledgement of service by the look of it so have 33 days total from 24/10 to file a defence. I make that 26th.

Any other info is useful such as when you sent the appeal and did you get a proof of posting ?

Pics of signs etc.

M1

Comment

Hi thanks, time flys so not much time then the signage is clearly marked but as my son was ill I rushed past them all, I have a reply from them to say they will accept £100 only as settlement else they will go to court, I have to be honest I will go to court as I am so angry I will get the signage I am willing to pay a reasonable amount but I think the cost is OTT. My mother who was in a the car is disabled and has a disabled badge which was displayed I do not think this makes a difference though.

Comment

Not really.

We'll get a reasonable defence in then ask for a stay (hold) until the court of appeal decide on the legality of the penalty issue.

Just want to make sure we get in the best defence we can

M1

Comment

Is it this car park ?

http://www.burtonhospitals.nhs.uk/ho...obert-peel.htm

If you do not have enough money with you at the time of your visit to pay for parking a number of options are available. You can pay once you return home via mobile phone, internet or telephone. Payment must be made by midnight on the day of your visit to avoid a penalty notice being issued by the parking control company.

Please do not park on double yellow lines, restricted areas or outside designated parking bays. Access for emergency vehicles is needed at all times. Parking is monitored and enforced.

ParkingEye manages the car park payment system on behalf of Burton Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, and penalty notices will be sent to the homes of registered owners of cars that do not pay the appropriate fee (See parking signs at our hospital sites for more information).

Please be advised that the Trust cannot accept responsibility for any vehicle parked on the site, or its contents. Vehicles are left entirely at the owners’ risk.

They seem to have major problems here.

What did you pay and how long were you there for ?

M1

Comment

I paid £2 and I moved the car to the other long stay car park after 45 mins, when my son was assessed and stable, we stayed another 2 hours and I paid for the2nd lot of parking again possible another £2 -but they are saying the drop off zone is limited time so it does not matter even if I paid£2 this weekend I am getting photos of all the signs and hope you can then help me with the defence reply I have till next week ( middle of) .. I am hoping also if I go to court it can be local how can you change the court hearing to somewhere near?

Comment

yes this is the car park I have seen in the press a lot of people /articles about it all

Comment

Originally posted by farrahstar View Post
                      I paid £2 and I moved the car to the other long stay car park after 45 mins, when my son was assessed and stable, we stayed another 2 hours and I paid for the2nd lot of parking again possible another £2 -but they are saying the drop off zone is limited time so it does not matter even if I paid£2 this weekend I am getting photos of all the signs and hope you can then help me with the defence reply I have till next week ( middle of) .. I am hoping also if I go to court it can be local how can you change the court hearing to somewhere near?

:okay:

M1

Comment

Originally posted by farrahstar View Post

Did you get photos ?

M1

Comment

hi just to let you know I WON! the defence I put in which was gathered from this site and others was defended well from parking-eye guess they have had the normal defences before such as :
                          justification for such high charges/land owner contracts etc.. they seem to have a pack which covers this off now.
                          My defence which worked was the drop off zone is not clearly defined - I was parked on a double yellow line just outside the blue drop off zone- their camera can not see this area so as I was not designated as being in the drop off zone but being in the general carpark the 20 mins limit zone was overruled by the judge and as I had paid my £2 for staying on the general car park he dismissed as he felt I was right not to pay and the drop off zone did not include the double yellow lines each side of it - I did have my mother in the car who is disabled so have a badge I think this helped... but glad its over!! thanks for all your help M1...!!

Comment

Great to hear.

When were you in court ?

M1

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                            Working...
                            X