• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Re: Aldi Parking Eye Sunday parking - Won

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Aldi Parking Eye Sunday parking - Won

Hello, I'm new to the forum too and also have a parking notice from parking eye for parking in aldi on a Sunday. It is a free car park so none of the previous poster's bit about parking meters applies. The driver found the car park very busy and drove round a few times trying to park. The driver had 2 small children who fell asleep on the drive and slept for approximately 25 minutes after arriving. The driver then did a full weekly shop in aldi (for which they no longer have a receipt unfortunately) which is not a job which is quick with 2 small children. The driver had to queue for quite some time at the check out and it took quite a while to pack all the groceries whilst supervising 2 small children. All of this led to the driver overstaying the 1.5 hour limit (which the driver was hitherto unaware of) by 20 minutes. The driver feels this charge (£70 reduced to £40) is unreasonable for an overstay of 20 minutes as a genuine weekly aldi shopper. The driver knows why they usually shop without the small children!

Any guidance on an appeals letter would be gratefully received.
    Tags: None

Re: Aldi Parking Eye Sunday parking

Was it cash or card ?

M1

Comment

Card. But a bank statement copy would disclose the driver's name. Would this be seen as giving parking eye the driver's name?

Comment

It's not that huge a deal, besides which the driver may have taken someone shopping.

Dear Sirs,

I, as registered keeper, wish to invoke your appeals procedure. The driver did not park for 110 minutes as they had to circle a few times to find a space as well as leaving taking time and as the cameras are at the entrance exit they did not take this non parked time in to account. There was also a genuine customer on site ( proof of purchase attached). In any event your charges are penal in nature and not a genuine pre estimate of loss.

I am under no statutory obligation to name the driver and will not do so.

If you reject my appeal please supply a popla code.

Yours etc

If they supply a popla code please return and i'll sort out a popla appeal for you.

M1

Comment

I had a parking ticket come through the post from parking eye at Aldi's. I searched the internet for advice and basically came up with ignore it. Reason being that I had not entered into an agreement/contract which would make me liable for the excess charge. Also the advice given was that it was that I should not enter into any correspondence with them and that it was extremely unlikely that I would be prosecuted due to the fact of the costs and also that the charge wouldn't be upheld as it wasn't a legal contract. I'm not certain this was the correct advice I got, but I did nothing and I heard no more.

Also it happened again about a year ago - different shop, I ignored that too and didn't hear anymore. As said before - I don't know if this is the right thing to do but I believe legally you haven't entered into any 'agreement'.

Comment

I was wondering that too SweetandSour. I will draft the letter tonight and think about it overnight before deciding whether to post it or not in the morning, I think I'd feel happier knowing it was dealt with rather than just ignored, if you know what I mean!

Comment

Well parking eye have lodged thousands upon thousands of claims in the courts. Not everyone but enough to try and win before court stage.

M1

Comment

Originally posted by Irish_cob View Post
                I was wondering that too SweetandSour. I will draft the letter tonight and think about it overnight before deciding whether to post it or not in the morning, I think I'd feel happier knowing it was dealt with rather than just ignored, if you know what I mean!
                Yes, I know what you mean. I like the bit in the draft letter which states you are not obliged to name the driver. Perfectly legal loophole :-)

Comment

I have tweaked the letter above and also emailed aldi customer services and attached (redacted) copies of my bank statement which shows 2 weekly shops at aldi, will post the letter and bank statement copy to parking eye in the morning.

Thanks for your help M1, it is really appreciated. I'm a stressed Mum of 2 small children with barely any money and this was not what I wanted to find when I got home, I confess I did have a bit of a cry about it, before pulling myself together and getting on with it!

Comment

Don't pay any monies whatever you do,I have just won by bombarding Aldi customer services with emails regarding these cowboy's.it's not a fine it's an invoice charge for parking,just let it ride,if you have a receipt or bank statement then send it to Aldi customer services.please register with Challenge Parking Fines which is currently getting 100,000 signature to make the goverment act.Please don't worry you will just recieve loads of threatening letters which may look official but they are not,even the police sign is greyed out.hope I have helped let's fight back.
                    Hello, I'm new to the forum too and also have a parking notice from parking eye for parking in aldi on a Sunday. It is a free car park so none of the previous poster's bit about parking meters applies. The driver found the car park very busy and drove round a few times trying to park. The driver had 2 small children who fell asleep on the drive and slept for approximately 25 minutes after arriving. The driver then did a full weekly shop in aldi (for which they no longer have a receipt unfortunately) which is not a job which is quick with 2 small children. The driver had to queue for quite some time at the check out and it took quite a while to pack all the groceries whilst supervising 2 small children. All of this led to the driver overstaying the 1.5 hour limit (which the driver was hitherto unaware of) by 20 minutes. The driver feels this charge (£70 reduced to £40) is unreasonable for an overstay of 20 minutes as a genuine weekly aldi shopper. The driver knows why they usually shop without the small children!

Any guidance on an appeals letter would be gratefully received.

Comment

I emailed Aldi customer services and have had no response.

I have also heard nothing in response to my appeal to Parking Eye, all I've had from them is a reminder letter.

I'm not going to pay anything, I'm sitting tight and waiting.

Comment

I emailed Aldi customer services and have had no response.

I have also heard nothing in response to my appeal to Parking Eye, all I've had from them is a reminder letter.

I'm not going to pay anything, I'm sitting tight and waiting.
                        Sit tight, have you registered with Challenge Parking Fines. Just ignore the threats you're not on your own there are thousands of us. Parker

Comment

How did you send your appeal ?

M1

Comment

M1 - by 1st class post. Should I email an appeal to them?

Comment

Parker - what is challenge parking fines? And how do I register with them? A google search hasn't brought up anything useful!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X