• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

looking for some help re parking charge notice - WON

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looking for some help re parking charge notice - WON

Hi all,

had a call from my father today, he has received a parking charge notice for parking too long in a supermarket,

the date in question is 12th september, he only found out about the notice yesterday because they have been in canada for the last 3 weeks visiting my sister.

he has until wed 15th october to pay £40 or it jumps to £70 + admin fees.

my parents are both 72 years old and i would really like to help them

any advice would be greatly appreciated
    Tags: None

Re: looking for some help re parking charge notice

Which parking company ?

M1

Comment

HI M1,

thank you very much for your quick reply, have just phoned my father the co. in question are:

Smart parking Ltd,
      5 south inch business centre
      shore road
      perth
      PH2 8BW

Comment

Ok try and appeal using https://payments.townandcityparking....live-pgc-user/

Dear Sirs,

I , as registered keeper, on behalf of the registered keeper, wish to invoke your appeals procedure. The driver did not see any signage and in any event your charges are penal and not a genuine pre estimate of loss.

Should you reject my appeal please supply a popla code.

Yours etc

I'd prefer to use "as registered keeper" to save hassle.

If they have proof of payment and can email it to you add in that they were genuine customers and attach a copy.

If you get a popla code edit http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...-Appeal-Letter to suit.

M1

Comment

Hi M1,

thank you again for your rapid response, do you think it would be better for him to do it online ?

i did find a letter also i was thinking of sending: i think i got it from one of your posts, it has the extra line in it, is it wise to include this line or not ?

Dear Sirs,

I, as registered keeper, wish to invoke your appeals process. The driver did not see any signage and in any event your charges are penal and not a genuine pre estimate of loss.

I am under no statutory obligation to name the driver and will not be doing so.

Should you reject my appeal please supply a popla code.

Yours etc

Comment

That'll work

do you think it would be better for him to do it online ?
            He'll be out of time if he doesn't.

M1

Comment

Hi, M1

thank you for that, yes he will be out of time, although he has a good excuse it is not worth creating a further problem.

really appreciate your help with this,

will of course update the thread as we go so it may benefit others:thumb:

Comment

Hi All,

just to update this thread

had a call from my father today, he has received a letter from the parking co. cancelling his notice:okay:

many thanks M1, my father also says thank you :okay:

Comment

Re: looking for some help re parking charge notice - WON

Excellent news and thank you for all the help on here M1, very very much appreciated.
                  Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X