• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

MET Parking Stansted PCN

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MET Parking Stansted PCN

I Received A PCN From MET parking however they have provided the notice 19days after the offence took place. I used the templates that i have seen in other threads on my appeal, and MET have responded with the following:

Thank you for your correspondence received in regards to the above parking charge. We note your request for us to cease communication with you however we are refusing this and should the charge remain unpaid, you may receive further correspondence as we believe we may process the data under the following legal bases:

Contract – The processing is necessary for the parking contract that has been entered into when vehicles enter and remain in the location. ·

Legitimate Interests – Processing is required to protect and enable pursuit of legitimate interests in ensuring the car park is effectively managed, pursuing unpaid parking tariffs and charges due and promoting the safety and security of the location.
    Tags: None

Does anyone have some advise for what to include in the POPLA appeal to ensure that I am successful

Comment

tag charitynjw can you assist this OP please?
      If you would like a one-to-one expert consultation with me on your employment issue than I can be contacted by emailing admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com

I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.
      If you have any doubts then do please seek professional legal advice.

You can’t always stop the waves but you can learn to surf.

You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

Comment

Originally posted by natty5992 View Post
        I Received A PCN From MET parking however they have provided the notice 19days after the offence took place. I used the templates that i have seen in other threads on my appeal, and MET have responded with the following:

Thank you for your correspondence received in regards to the above parking charge. We note your request for us to cease communication with you however we are refusing this and should the charge remain unpaid, you may receive further correspondence as we believe we may process the data under the following legal bases:

Contract – The processing is necessary for the parking contract that has been entered into when vehicles enter and remain in the location. ·

Legitimate Interests – Processing is required to protect and enable pursuit of legitimate interests in ensuring the car park is effectively managed, pursuing unpaid parking tariffs and charges due and promoting the safety and security of the location.
        Please post up a redacted copy of the Notice, front & rear.
        Leave all times & dates visible.
        Also a clear photo of the site sign t&c's.
        CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
        Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
        gets his brain a-going.
        Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
        The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Comment

I received the following message rejecting my appeal:

Thank you for your correspondence received in regards to the above parking charge. We note your request for us to cease communication with you however we are refusing this and should the charge remain unpaid, you may receive
            further correspondence as we believe we may process the data under the following legal bases:
            · Contract – The processing is necessary for the parking contract that has been entered into when vehicles enter and
            remain in the location.
            · Legitimate Interests – Processing is required to protect and enable pursuit of legitimate interests in ensuring the car
            park is effectively managed, pursuing unpaid parking tariffs and charges due and promoting the safety and security of
            the location.
            In this regard we will disclose all correspondence to our agents and advisers in seeking to recover the outstanding sum
            due. We may also share data with the independent appeals service, POPLA, the BPA, and the courts if appropriate.

Comment

Do I still have a leg to stand on if they haven't mentioned POFA in any responses.

Is it worth submitting a POPLA appeal

Comment

Do I still have a leg to stand on if they haven't mentioned POFA in any responses.

Is it worth submitting a POPLA appeal
                If that sign (as the one posted) is as illegible in real life, you may have a defence.
                Was there a windscreen pcn issued?
                Is that postal Notice a reminder following a previous postal Notice?
                CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                Phelps, C. C.

Comment

The sign is legible in real life.

However I was not served the notice until 20 days after the alleged infraction.

Do I have a case on the grounds of them failing to provide notice to the keeper within 14 days.

There was no wind screen notice.

I received a notice via the post on the 20th and the infraction occured on the the 28th of the month prior.

After appealing on the grounds that liability to pay the fine could not be transfered to me as I, the keeper of the vehicle was given this notice within 14 days.

My only concer is that the notice does not mention POFA.

Thier response to my appeal was to my appeal on the the grounds of POFA. Was:

We note your request for us to cease communication with you however we are refusing this and should the charge remain unpaid, you may receive further correspondence as we believe we may process the data under the following legal bases:
                  · Contract – The processing is necessary for the parking contract that has been entered into when vehicles enter and
                  remain in the location.

· Legitimate Interests – Processing is required to protect and enable pursuit of legitimate interests in ensuring the car
                  park is effectively managed, pursuing unpaid parking tariffs and charges due and promoting the safety and security of
                  the location.

I am wondering whether I have a legitimate case against the above claims made by MET Parking

Comment

Maybe so, but if we can't read it, we can't comment on it.
                    Do I have a case on the grounds of them failing to provide notice to the keeper within 14 days.
                    Noted.
                    I received a notice via the post on the 20th and the infraction occured on the the 28th of the month prior.
                    Provided that the vehicle is privately owned (eg not hired/leased, or not a company vehicle etc), then it is out of time for keeper liability.
                    After appealing on the grounds that liability to pay the fine could not be transfered to me as I, the keeper of the vehicle was given this notice within 14 days.
                    Writ large on it is 'Notice to Keeper'.
                    We note your request for us to cease communication with you however we are refusing this and should the charge remain unpaid, you may receive further correspondence as we believe we may process the data under the following legal bases:
                    remain in the location.
                    the location.
                    I am wondering whether I have a legitimate case against the above claims made by MET Parking
                    Do you not find it odd that the rejection does not really address any appeal point(s) you've made?
                    CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                    Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Maybe so, but if we can't read it, we can't comment on it.

Noted.
                      Provided that the vehicle is privately owned (eg not hired/leased, or not a company vehicle etc), then it is out of time for keeper liability.
                      Writ large on it is 'Notice to Keeper'.
                      remain in the location.
                      the location.
                      Do you not find it odd that the rejection does not really address any appeal point(s) you've made?
                      You could add that the Notice doesn't specify a PERIOD of parking.
                      PoFA s9(2)(a)
                      CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                      Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Do you know legal rebuttals, thier claims of: contract and legitimate interest?

Comment

Do you know legal rebuttals, thier claims of: contract and legitimate interest?
                          Are you asking, or are you offering to tell?
                          CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                          Phelps, C. C.

Comment

I'm asking

Comment

I'm asking
                              I'm not sure I understand your question in that case.
                              As to the first part of your question, as previously stated, the sign you posted, aka a unilateral offer, is not legible.
                              The second part of your question depends to some extent on the first part
                              CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                              Phelps, C. C.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X