• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Smart Parking

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smart Parking

Rather a long saga but here goes. Westgate car park Basildon,it was taken over by Smart Parking,it appeared that the ticket issuing machine was not working correctly, and the result was that Smart Parking made a massive amount from this,it then transpired that they later they installed CCTV cameras without Council permission,(Smart Parking) have now been dismissed from the car park, now to my problem, the driver of our car entered the car park, paid the relevant charge for one hour, and left before the hour was up, needless to say fine issued £45. now or £90 if not paid, not wishing to get robbed of £90 I paid the £45,not understanding the procedure I appealed to Smart Parking then to POPLA stating a ticket was purchased ,but we were not able to locate it, (normal procedure is throw it in the waste bin),POPLA appeal refused, Car had problems and went in for engine re`placement,i then checked all was in order when car returned from the garage ,lo and behold, there was the parking ticket receipt in the door pocket, I sent a covering letter with the !! ticket !! requesting a re-fund,Smart replied that the ticket was for a month earlier for parking at excatly the same time. ??????????.after many letters and no replys,i sent one signed for,(to Perth offices) back that came GONE AWAY. So I then sent copy's of all the mail I sent to Perth, to Birmingham to receive the reply basically saying "this matter is closed, you paid the fine, that's the end of the matter. Principals cost money, do I proceed to County Court, and also claim expenses ?.
    Tags: None

Hope you sent a COPY of the ticket. So did you check the dates on the ticket again? If everything is in order then yes start a small claim against them, but you must warn them you are doing it before you raise the claim. It's only £25 to start the claim.

Comment

Hi & welcome

If it were me I'd keep requesting a refund.

I'd email https://ceoemail.com/s.php?id=ceo-87...%20Parking-CEO

& at the same raise an 'issue' via Resolver.

If no joy from that, as ostell says, Small Claims court.
      CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
      Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
      gets his brain a-going.
      Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
      The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Originally posted by ostell View Post
        Hope you sent a COPY of the ticket. So did you check the dates on the ticket again? If everything is in order then yes start a small claim against them, but you must warn them you are doing it before you raise the claim. It's only £25 to start the claim.
        Many thanks for advice appreciate the help.Stupid me.I sent the original receipt ticket, but I have a copy.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X