• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

**WON** Local Parking Security - PCN

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• **WON** Local Parking Security - PCN

Hi All,

I parked my car and ran across the road to the ice cream shop to get change for the machine which is about 30ft from the car. I ran back out when I saw the man with a device around my car, and told him Im here with change, as i was telling him I'd just ran to get change, he was tapping away and then printed a ticket and stuck to my car. I told him that I was right there and he told me I hadn't a valid ticket yet I was in front of him?! How can they expect me to get to the ticket machine in time?!

I looked at the ticket and he told me "it's too late, I've already processed it, you'll have to call up on Monday" - I didn't and ignored it as I know what these companies are like (having been to court and WON - yay, my case in FEB for a different occurrence).

-----------------

I have received a letter from Local Parking Security Ltd dated 9th September 2017. I have attached the letter, I then sent a return letter being careful not to identify the driver etc. Within 48 hours I have since received their response to my letter (their 2nd letter).

What is my next stage and do you think I can win this?
    Attached Files
    Tags: None

Re: Local Parking Security - PCN

Hiya

You are right, they are wrong.

Keep on not ID'ing the driver.

I also suspect (but don 't know for sure) that the pier is covered by byelaws...if so it's not 'relevant land' for the purposes of PoFA.

Also, #8 in this might be worth investigating.
    https://www.mumbles-pier.co.uk/2016/...-mumbles-pier/
    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Are you sure you only went for change and not to do the "Mumbles Mile" ? lol

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
        Hiya

You are right, they are wrong.

Keep on not ID'ing the driver.

I also suspect (but don 't know for sure) that the pier is covered by byelaws...if so it's not 'relevant land' for the purposes of PoFA.

Also, #8 in this might be worth investigating.
        https://www.mumbles-pier.co.uk/2016/...-mumbles-pier/
        Great, should I use #8 as a secret weapon if it does go to court? How should I next proceed, what should I now be doing? If I should be writing back, now how should I structure this response and what is the content?

cheers for the help!

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by des8 View Post
        Are you sure you only went for change and not to do the "Mumbles Mile" ? lol
        Lol, teetotal! No way just a nice afternoon stroll!

Comment

Have you had any news re byelaws?
          CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
          Phelps, C. C.

Comment

I haven’t done anything, not sure what I should be doing now?

Comment

Out of interest, do you still have the original windscreen PCN.....if so could you post it up here?
              CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
              Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Out of interest, do you still have the original windscreen PCN.....if so could you post it up here?

Here's the original ticket, cleaned of course.
                Attached Files

Comment

The windscreen PCN does not show a period of parking. This is a mandatory requirement of PoFA 2012 Schedule 4, 7(2)(a)

(1) A notice which is to be relied on as a notice to driver for the purposes of paragraph 6(1)(a) is given in accordance with this paragraph if the following requirements are met.

(2) The notice must—

(a) specify the vehicle, the relevant land on which it was parked and the period of parking to which the notice relates;
                  http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/...dule/4/enacted

A Notice to Keeper relies on a correctly issued Notice to Driver. (Windscreen PCN)
                  They therefore cannot transfer liability to the registered keeper & so must pursue the driver.
                  If they can find that person.
                  CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                  Phelps, C. C.

Comment

It does and a time but I’ve taken it off. Have I cleaned it too much?

- - - Updated - - -

The windscreen PCN does not show a period of parking. This is a mandatory requirement of PoFA 2012 Schedule 4, 7(2)(a)

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/...dule/4/enacted

A Notice to Keeper relies on a correctly issued Notice to Driver. (Windscreen PCN)
                    They therefore cannot transfer liability to the registered keeper & so must pursue the driver.
                    If they can find that person.

it does have the date/time and location in the form of a code but I’ve cleaned them for privacy. What should I be doing next. Should I be corresponding and if so what should I be saying? Cheers.

Comment

Does it show a period of parking (ie from time Y to time Z), or does it just state a time of day?
                      CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                      Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Does it show a period of parking (ie from time Y to time Z), or does it just state a time of day?

Just date and time. Doesn’t state any period from to etc.

Comment

Exactly my point.
                          CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                          Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Exactly my point.

Ok, so what should I now be doing?! And if so what do I say?! Thanks for your advice.

Comment

If it were me I'd write back to LPS, refer them to your original letter, state again that the Notice to Keeper is not compliant with PoFA (but don't tell them why) & demand that they either drop their claim or supply a POPLA code.
                              Get proof of posting/sending.
                              CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                              Phelps, C. C.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X