• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

CCJ Judgement Parking eye

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CCJ Judgement Parking eye

Good evening everyone,

I am hoping to get some advice from anyone that has had a CCJ set aside from parking eye.

I recently found out I had a CCJ issued by Northampton county court from parking eye, if im honest I ignored letters from parking eye because I had no idea who they were or that they could impose a penalty notice on me for breaking down in a service station. yes I now know how naïve that was as my recent mortgage application was binned due to this parking fine.

The story behind my set aside is that my car had broken down and I was awaiting the RAC to attend and rectify the fault with my car which they did however, this took me over the allotted 2 hour limit. I have the call out paperwork from the RAC to prove this.

As soon as I found out about the CCJ I paid the penalty in full to satisfy the judgement however, this does not help me in relation to now having a CCJ on my records.

I have sent parking eye enforcement an email explaining the judgement and the circumstances I believe would mean the penalty notice would not have been issued by them had I contacted them. In addition I have asked them to consent to the judgement being set aside. I await their response.

In anyone's experience does this stand a chance? And what advice (other than paying the next notice immediately) does anyone have on the process?

many thanks in advance

Neil
    Tags: None

Re: CCJ Judgement Parking eye

Parking Eye are not too stressed about fecking up your credit rating so might consider helping you out. They have no incentive to do so now you have paid. Nothing further i can say to help on that to be honest.

In future, if you get any, http://legalbeagles.info/forums/show...land-and-Wales has a good strike rate. Always take pictures when you know about it and never throw anything away.

M1

Comment

Re: CCJ Judgement Parking eye

I think you might struggle, you've already paid the debt so that could be seen as you admitting liability.

What you should of done is set aside the claim first then paid them the money and you'd have no CCJ.

I'd be surprised if a judge was willing to set aside the claim knowing that you've paid the debtso you might be stuck with it for the 6 years.

If you've not done so already you can apply to the court for a satisfaction certificate to confirm you've paid the amount. That could perhaps make a difference with a mortgage lender if you are able to explain the circumstances.

Just remember not to make the same mistake if something like this happens again.
      If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
      - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
      LEGAL DISCLAIMER
      Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X