• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

UKPN parking charges taken to County Court

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UKPN parking charges taken to County Court

Does anyone have any up to date advice on this please. It involves five cases of parking at a residential location in Canterbury whilst visiting friends each amount is £160 totalling £800 pus £130 costs. I have following on line advice been ignoring the letters but I am now worried about the County Court involvement. Can anyone please assist with some advice.
    Tags: None

UKPN Parking Charges

Has anyone been taken to court by UKPN and won?

Comment

County Court Judgements

Upon being taken to court by a parking company at what time can a CCJ be issued against me please.

Comment

Re: County Court Judgements

If the Judgement went against you and you didn't pay.

Comment

Originally posted by Trevom View Post
          Upon being taken to court by a parking company at what time can a CCJ be issued against me
          If a county court summons is issued and you don't file your Acknowledgment of Service within 19 days of the claim Issue Date then the Claimant can get a Default Judgment (CCJ) against you.

If you file a Defence and elect to accept the Small Claims Court Mediation Service telephone mediation then you can settle at that stage with no CCJ if you want (albeit the settlement will be legally binding).

If the legal proceedings continue to Trial (a hearing) where you lose, you will then get a CCJ.

If you pay that CCJ in full within 28 days then there will be no record of it on Trust Online or any Credit Reference Agency files.

Has a parking company issued a claim against you?

Di

Comment

Originally posted by Diana M View Post
            Has a parking company issued a claim against you?
            Actually I think I can answer my own question

Is this in connection with your other thread here > http://legalbeagles.info/forums/show...360#post696360

Originally posted by Trevom View Post
            Does anyone have any up to date advice on this please. It involves five cases of parking at a residential location in Canterbury whilst visiting friends each amount is £160 totalling £800 pus £130 costs. I have following on line advice been ignoring the letters but I am now worried about the County Court involvement
            and another thread of yours here > http://legalbeagles.info/forums/show...361#post696361

Di

Comment

Re: UKPN parking charges taken to County Court

It hasn't been ignore for 4 years, unfortunately.

Get your friends to look at their lease and see what it says about parking. They will probably have the right to park which cannot be altered by a notice on a wall. This right is usually extended to visitors. Get a photo of the signs.

Look at the Parking Prankster Blog and hunt for residential cases referenced. It also gives details of similar cases where the parking company lost.

Comment

Originally posted by ostell View Post
                It hasn't been ignore for 4 years, unfortunately.

Get your friends to look at their lease and see what it says about parking. They will probably have the right to park which cannot be altered by a notice on a wall. This right is usually extended to visitors. Get a photo of the signs.

Look at the Parking Prankster Blog and hunt for residential cases referenced. It also gives details of similar cases where the parking company lost.
                http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co...l-parking.html

This is absolutely crucial to your case. Make sure you file acknowledgement of service in the mean time and ask your friends for pictures of the signs.

M1

Comment

Re: UKPN Parking Charges

Who is UKPN ? Can find no reference to them in a google search

Comment

UK Parking Control Ltd County Court Claim

I recently posted regarding this issue, however, I can now provide more detailed information. I am asking on behalf of my daughter who has now agreed that I share her information. She has received 5 claims from UKPC for parking in a car park at her boyfriend's residence. Two of the claims are for parking in a designated area without a permit and three for overstaying the allowed five hours for visitors. A County Court Claim Form has now been issued. She was at this time living there, on and off, and now lives there permanently. The letter states that by parking there she accepted to be bound by " the agreement" , each contravention carries a charge of £160 equaling £800 plus further fees of £130. To date she has not acknowledged any correspondence from UKPC or from SCS Law. I have attached a copy of the signage, which is low down but my daughter was aware of it, it looks comprehensive and it maybe that she will just have to pay up.
                    At no time has UKPC mentions who their Client is or whose authority they are acting under. She has 14 days from December 14th to submit an Acknowledgment of Service. Any help or advice would be appreciated.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Thank you for the valued response it is much appreciated. I will add further details now I have spoken with my daughter who is the defendant.

Regards

Trevom

Comment

Hi Di

thanks for the advice a county court claim has been submitted by UKPC against my daughter.
                        Regards

Trevom

Comment

Thank you for the valued response it is much appreciated. I will add further details now I have spoken with my daughter who is the defendant.

Regards

Trevom

Comment

As per my earlier comments and those of [MENTION=39331]ostell[/MENTION] what the lease says is very very important. What does it say (or read the link i posted and decide for yourself if primacy of lease helps you)

M1

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                            Working...
                            X