• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Bw legal/excel court claim pcn

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bw legal/excel court claim pcn

http://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/pro...ess-statements

Just tell the story. Were you registered keeper ? If so say so.

How did you find out about the PCN ?

What did you do to ascertain more info ?

If you or the driver didn't see the signs but went back for photos etc (bearing in mind if the RK & driver are 2 different people that you cannot give evidence on someone elses behalf but they could do their own witness statement)

etc etc

Start at the parking event and work forward so it flows from the start to the end.

M1

Comment

Originally posted by mystery1 View Post
      http://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/pro...ess-statements

Just tell the story. Were you registered keeper ? If so say so.

How did you find out about the PCN ?

What did you do to ascertain more info ?

If you or the driver didn't see the signs but went back for photos etc (bearing in mind if the RK & driver are 2 different people that you cannot give evidence on someone elses behalf but they could do their own witness statement)

etc etc

Start at the parking event and work forward so it flows from the start to the end.

M1

HiM1,

I sent my reply/witness statement to BW and the courts on 28th Dec, both recorded delivery.

on the 7th Jan I received witness evidence from BW legal, it was dated 3rd Jan, am i right in thinking they have submitted this late as the court paper said by 1600hrs on 3rd January?

n.b. I have only rcvd one case out of 2 from them on 3rd january.

what happens now.

as usual any help is very much appreciated.

thanks

Paul

Comment

I would write a short letter to the court, with copies where applicable, and invite them to strike out the claim.

Proceed as if they won't unless they write to say otherwise.

M1

Comment

I would write a short letter to the court, with copies where applicable, and invite them to strike out the claim.

Proceed as if they won't unless they write to say otherwise.

M1
          Hi there,

not heard nothing in over 2 weeks, so presumably i will still go to court.

I'm a little worried about my witness statement, i think its cr*p, I've done a bit of research and seen some others which look far better than mine. I'm a little worried as to how to conduct myself in court and how formalities run, is there anywhere I can read up on about it? any links?

Thanks in advance

P

Comment

I'm a little worried about my witness statement, i think its cr*p, I've done a bit of research and seen some others which look far better than mine.
            Glitter and stars and shit are all well and good but it's all about having the evidence required to back up your defence. Judges hate flower shite that takes ages to read for little benefit.

This case, which is before Beavis cleared up some of the issues, will show you the process. http://nebula.wsimg.com/4be974402948...&alloworigin=1

Small claims is pretty informal. Be polite and don't punch anyone.

M1

Comment

Glitter and stars and shit are all well and good but it's all about having the evidence required to back up your defence. Judges hate flower shite that takes ages to read for little benefit.

This case, which is before Beavis cleared up some of the issues, will show you the process. http://nebula.wsimg.com/4be974402948...&alloworigin=1

Small claims is pretty informal. Be polite and don't punch anyone.

M1
              Hi There,

Me again!

so i got a letter from the court over the weekend in regards to me asking for them to strike out the case, they replied with after referring this to the district judge, they have requested the following 'if an order is sought, an application is required'

huh? any ideas what this means, will they accept to strike it out but I have to make some sort of formal application?

any info as always is greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Paul

Comment

They are saying that if you want them to consider striking out the case you need to make an application as letters/requests are not the correct way to do things which is correct.

At £255 for an application it isn't worth the risk. If however you are fee exempt then it is. https://www.gov.uk/government/public...-tribunal-fees

M1

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X