• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Parking Control Management/Gladstones Court Claim

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Parking Control Management/Gladstones Court Claim

Permission to appeal is usually dealt with on paper, but the actual appeal can be in person unless you expressly agree to have it dealt with on paper too. I have always found that representing in person can have a better impact than on paper but given your situation, if that's not possible then perhaps paper based decision is a better choice.

As for times, well it depends on the what's available.
    If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    LEGAL DISCLAIMER
    Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Okay thank you. Fingers crossed if I get the appeal and get a hearing I can make it.

Comment

Originally posted by TikiJnr View Post
        Okay thank you. Fingers crossed if I get the appeal and get a hearing I can make it.

Write a cover note giving any known dates and explaining circumstances that would makes certain times unavailable. They should help where possible.

M1

Comment

My request for the 'judgement'... The a holes have only sent me the same bloody thing as the other day! Is there any hope here! =(

Comment

Morning guys. Spoken to Gladstones and the court this morning. I've paid the judgement. I've asked again for the notes or judgement. Nothjng on their system, she was going to email the court directly. I think either way now I'm going to be getting sweet F A in time for this to be submitted. Should I put that anywhere or is it irrelevant?

Comment

[MENTION=71570]R0b[/MENTION] I'm not able to open the word document. It keeps telling me the page is not available. What am I doing wrong? I'm aiming to finish this tomorrow and deliver it Wednesday x

Comment

Morning, I'm not sure if anyone is around? I'm trying to finish this appeal as the deadline is Friday, but I can't open the document R0b has put on here =( would anyone also be able to check my skeleton argument? And confirm everything that needs to go in? So far I've got the form, the fee, the transcript request and the skeleton argument. Thank you x

Comment

I will be around today, at last. I have an enormous backlog of stuff to do.

I just need to wake up 1st before i start.

M1

Comment

My no1 parking hero! Yay! Thank you =D I'm going to be on making it kick ass all evening x

Comment

Sorry Tiki, I have been a bit busy over the last week. I've re-uploaded a copy of the Grounds of Appeal which you will need to fill out the gaps.

I can help with the skeleton argument later today but if you are asking for an order of the transcript then I would suggest that in the N164 Form you ask for an extension of time to file an appeal bundle which will include the document to support your case and also the transcript since your asking for it to be paid at the public expense.
                      Attached Files
                      If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
                      - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
                      LEGAL DISCLAIMER
                      Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Please don't apologise. You guys have gone over and beyond. I'm working at the moment, I'll be back online this evening. Thanks again x

Comment

Originally posted by R0b View Post
                          Sorry Tiki, I have been a bit busy over the last week. I've re-uploaded a copy of the Grounds of Appeal which you will need to fill out the gaps.

I can help with the skeleton argument later today but if you are asking for an order of the transcript then I would suggest that in the N164 Form you ask for an extension of time to file an appeal bundle which will include the document to support your case and also the transcript since your asking for it to be paid at the public expense.
                          I think we are just putting in a note of our own rather than a transcript ?

As Tiki seems to have issues opening your doc i'll paste below (formatting may be off when pasted)

CLAIM NO:
                          IN THE [insert court name] COUNTY COURT BULK CENTRE
                          B E T W E E N

[YOUR NAME]
                          Appellant
                          and

PARKING CONTROL MANAGEMENT UK LIMITED
                          Respondent

APPELLANT’S GROUNDS OF APPEAL

Background
                          1. The Appellant appeals against the judgment of DistrictJudge [insert name of judge]. The case relates to a claimmade by the Respondent that the Appellant entered into a legallybinding agreement with the Respondent. District Judge [insertname] found in favour of the Respondent.

Groundsof Appeal
                          2. TheAppellant contends that the learned judges’ decision was wrong. Inparticular:
                          (a) the learned judge in exercising discretion to grant reliefpursuant to CPR 3.9, wrongly applied the three stage test as set outin Denton v TH White Ltd [2014] EWCA Civ 906. The result ofwhich is that the learned judge erred in her approach when decidingto grant relief in respect of the Claimant’s inadequate pleadingsand second Witness Statement.
                          (b) the learned judge erred in finding that there was a contractualagreement between the Appellant and the Respondent. The Appellantcontends that the signage did not create a binding contract as on itstrue construction, the signage is prohibitive and forbids any parkingwithout a valid permit. In the circumstances, the Respondent doesnot have any legal entitlement to sue.
                          (c) even if it could be found that the signage was not prohibitive,the learned judge ought to have found that no contract existed. Theevidence before the court was clear insofar as the evidence whichdepicts the Appellant’s vehicle parked in a bay purportedlygoverned by the signage, does not show the bay as being marked ornumbered. As the Appellant’s vehicle was not parked in a markedbay, the signage is not applicable and so no contract could haveexisted.
                          (d) the learned judge did not properly explain why she had decidedthat certain evidence carried no weight and instead accepted certainevidence presented by the Respondent uncritically. On the whole, thelearned judge discounted the Appellant’s evidence for no goodreason and/or failed to give adequate reasons as to how she arrivedat her decision.

3. In all the circumstances, District Judge [insert name]was wrong to conclude that there was a binding contract between theAppellant and the Respondent and the appeal should be allowed.

M1

Comment

Thank you M1. It keeps saying this page cannot be displayed. However I've obviously messed up on what I thoight I was doing again as that is what my skeleton argument looks like =( can I confirm that if I hand deliver to the court on Friday that is okay? Or is it tomorrow?

Comment

As long as it's before 1600 then hand delivery should be ok. Get a name/receipt though as court admin is generally horrific. (or a pic). Check tomorrow what time they shut just to be safe.

A skeleton argument is more substantial.

M1

Comment

It's going to be easier for me to get it in tomorrow but considering I've ballsed up the skeleton argument I've got more to do than I thought x

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X