• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Bogus Claim (DEAL)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bogus Claim (DEAL)

Just a quick post - I yesterday received an official looking claim form from Northampton County Court, I knew who it was from as I have just been ignoring them for years as it relates to parking on the co-op car park outside my office.

They rang me constantly for many months and I just put the phone down on them having taken advice that this was not enforceable ( £130.00 claimed + costs of £85.00 ) the letter was delivered ( not registered) on the 4th of March yet it had a 5th of March " date of service " stamp on it ?

It specifies my Car Reg No but the date it says the offence took place is 01/01/1990 !!! - I would do well to write this at 115 years old at least!!

I don't propose to do anything with this but my only concern is that the car was in my companies name and that is who the claim is addressed to and I do not want a CCJ issuing against it - can this still happen??

Regards

Mark.
    Tags: None

Re: Bogus Claim

It does sound as though it is a genuine N1 claim form.

The date of service is 5 days after the date it was issued, which will account for why it arrived the day before the stamped date of service.

Why do you think it is bogus?

If it is genuine and you ignore it, you will get a CCJ against the company by default.

Comment

My understanding was that these parking notices are illegal and unenforceable? -the company is Debt Enforcement and Action Ltd whom I note many other people on here seem to have won cases against?

Does it not make any difference that they cannot specify a date?

Do you advise that I pay it?

Regards

Comment

It's probably because you have been ignoring them that they are chancing it to get a default CCJ against you. As a genuine claim form it should have a case number and a court seal (rubber stamp) on it. Phone the court to check that it is valid.

It does make a difference that the date is incorrect. It will also give a list of a possible 3 items that they are claiming for. They have got to make up their mind what to claim for. How can you defend if you don't know what it is about.

Have you flagged this date matter up on another forum as well? If you haven't then it looks like this is another round of claim forms where they now have the name of the solicitor correct but have got the date wrong.

If it is a valid form you need to acknowledge service. Put a redacted copy of the form on here so others can help you.

No you don't pay it. As you have seen they don't bother to turn up on court and you win by default and then submit your expenses to the court for Deal to pay.

Comment

Never ignore a court claim it is very easy for the claimant to get summary judgement as soon as it is possible to do so.
          I doubt the claim form is Bogus".

nem

Comment

Originally posted by Adviser View Post
            Just a quick post - I yesterday received an official looking claim form from Northampton County Court, I knew who it was from as I have just been ignoring them for years as it relates to parking on the co-op car park outside my office.

They rang me constantly for many months and I just put the phone down on them having taken advice that this was not enforceable ( £130.00 claimed + costs of £85.00 ) the letter was delivered ( not registered) on the 4th of March yet it had a 5th of March " date of service " stamp on it ?

It specifies my Car Reg No but the date it says the offence took place is 01/01/1990 !!! - I would do well to write this at 115 years old at least!!

I don't propose to do anything with this but my only concern is that the car was in my companies name and that is who the claim is addressed to and I do not want a CCJ issuing against it - can this still happen??

Regards

Mark.

Have you acknowledged service ?

1990 - now is 25 years and would be statute barred if it was a proper debt.

You do need to deal with the claim though. A defence should be entered. If you post up the particulars of claim without your name, addresses and reg number and any further letters/notices you have.

M1

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X