• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Parking Eye fine-Morrisons

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking Eye fine-Morrisons

Hi,
    I have just returned from holiday to find a parking charge notice from Parking Eye stating my vehicle was picked up on anpr as it entered the car park of Morrisons in Braintree, Essex, an image is attached. .This occurred at 14.14 hrs and it also contained another image of my vehicle leaving at 14.54 hrs, some 40 minutes later. The car park allows a period of 'free' 30 minute parking.
    However my wife was driving and recalls entering the car park and leaving a short while later, within the 30 minutes, she then had to return to pick a work colleague up and she believes this is when the 2nd image has been obtained thus giving a 40 minute stay. Her first exit and 2nd re entry appears not to have been picked up.
    In my profession we use anpr and know it isn't 100% accurate at reading number plates and we always verify in the flesh, so to speak...

Any advice on a way forward in this case as I really don't want to hand over £50 to this lot....

Regards

Meegers.
    Tags: None

Re: Parking Eye fine-Morrisons

Do you have proof of purchase ?

M1

Comment

Unlikely, my wife works at the local maternity hospital and she went to pick up and get some birthday cake bits for one of the midwifes..

Comment

Visiting an anpr car park twice and getting a ticket is pretty common. It is also a very easy win, in theory as it is unlikely the terms and conditions have been breached. In practice how do you prove it ? Parking eye usually ignore this.

In theory having a receipt or statement showing a purchase is meaningless. In practice, with parking eye, it's almost a sure fire cancellation.

I'd appeal.

Dear Sirs,

I, as registered keeper, wish to invoke your appeals procedure. The driver visited the car park twice in quick succession including making a purchase from the store. Please check your ANPR records as there appears to be a fault with the system. In any event your charges are penal in nature and not a genuine pre estimate of loss.

I am under no statutory obligation to name the driver and will not do so.

If you reject my appeal please supply a popla code.

Yours etc

If they supply a popla code please return and i'll sort out a popla appeal for you.

Do send proof of purchase if possible (only a copy though)

M1

Comment

Thank you, I'll try that.

Can I just ask what is the thinking behind not providing the drivers details, is it just to stop them hassling her??
          Also is there any need to put more in surrounding the circumstances or is it best to keep it brief??

Cheers Meegers.

Comment

There are more hoops to jump through for keeper liability.

It also gives an escape route of naming the driver if you screw up as they cannot chase the keeper any longer if they know the driver (unless court proceedings have started already).

You can add as much as you want. Usually they only read a little bit, i'd imagine, before getting bored and playing solitaire. I like straight to the point.

M1

Comment

Thanks mate, lets see how it goes.

I'll keep you posted, cheers.

Comment

Just quickly, I'm going bonkers looking for an info article I think you posted listing the problems with anpr, numbering them, any ideas where i can find it please??
                Thanks.

Comment

Have sent this, so we'll wait and see.....

Dear Sirs,

I, as registered keeper, wish to invoke your appeals procedure.

The driver visited the car park twice in quick succession including making a purchase from the store. Please check your ANPR records as there appears to be a fault with the system. In my current employment within law enforcement I know that ANPR is not 100% effective and regularly has misreads or no reads at all, which I think is the case here. Can you also tell me if you have an upgraded system for constant monitoring via the cameras or are images only taken when it activates as this would obviously help?

In any event your charges are penal in nature and not a genuine pre estimate of loss.

I am under no statutory obligation to name the driver and will not do so.

If you reject my appeal please supply a popla code.

Yours Sincerely

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X