• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Deal - ihateparkingfines

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Deal - ihateparkingfines

Forgot the attachments.

Sorted now.
    Attached Files

Comment

I expected that them not to respond and that would of been the end of it.. However, I've had a "Transfer of Proceedings" (see attached) come through the post today. I'm assuming that this means Debt Enforcement & Action Limited have now submitted their questionnaire and are wanting to take this to court?
      Indeed. The court will write again to give a hearing date and instructions for disclosure of documents and witness statements.

It's one thing to say let's go to court and another to turn up on the day and try and win. I'm 99.9% sure they won't turn up if they let it get that far.

M1

Comment

Well let's hope you're right M1!

I'll keep this thread updated as I'm sure it will help others who find themselves in the same situation.

Comment

Hi,

So, got another letter through yesterday from my local court. (See attached)

From reading the letter I'm assuming that I have to re-submit my defence? Is there anything else I should be worried about doing?

Also noticed neither parties attendance is required..

Once again, any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,
          Iain.
          Attached Files

Comment

No need to resubmit.

We need to get a witness statement done. A skeleton argument (not always required at the small claims level but has been ordered and is a good idea anyway).

For some reason the case has been made a paper only hearing. I'd ask the court why as it's better if you can appear yourself as they often will not appear meaning it gets dismissed. It's not a disaster by any means just curious.

M1

Comment

OK.

I'll give the courts a call a see if there's a particular reason for it being a paper-only hearing.

Cheers.

Comment

I have sent a letter to the courts requesting an oral hearing.

Will have to wait and see what they come back with.

Comment

Got a response back from the court this week. (see attached)

So I guess I'm now waiting for a date to appear in court. Great.

I am a little concerned over legal costs etc in the event of them turning up and winning. If I were to find myself in that position, would I be liable for their legal/travel/expense costs? I may just be worrying a little, I've never been to court and am totally out of my comfort zone.

Comment

Originally posted by mystery1 View Post
                    We need to get a witness statement done. A skeleton argument (not always required at the small claims level but has been ordered and is a good idea anyway).
                    As for the witness statement? Is there a template I can get from anywhere?

Cheers,
                    Iain.
                    Attached Files

Comment

I'm off Tuesday-Thursday next week so bump up then.

No template as such, because each witness statement will have different content.

https://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/pr...ess-statements

You will say you were the registered keeper and driver on the date in question and explain the circumstances of parking. You will also state you got a letter from DEAL for assignment and the letter will be an exhibit so you call it exhibit A (exhibits run A - Z depending on how many there are.)

Also ask the Co-op asap if the assignment was with their knowledge. Include the reply in your statement as an exhibit.

Etc

M1

Comment

Thanks M1.

In regards to DEAL's legal fees, will I be held liable for them and be forced to cough up?

Comment

It's small claims so very limited. Also remember you have to lose 1st !!

M1

Comment

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...ement-of-truth

A letter/email to see if your local court is interested in stopping claimants take the mick out of them.

M1

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                            Working...
                            X