• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Parking eye at Thistle Hotel, Poole.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking eye at Thistle Hotel, Poole.

Hello,
    thank you for adding me, I am really hoping you can help me. I received a 'letter before county court claim' dated 25th September from parking eye stating that I was required to pay £100 for breach of t's and c's at thistle hotel Poole. This was the first letter I had received regarding this matter, I tried to call them and was met with an automated voice and was unable to speak to anyone. I therefore wrote a letter to them explaining that when I arrived in the car park, I had no money on me as my partner was following me in to the car park in another vehicle. He got stuck in traffic and took some time to arrive. As soon as he did, we both paid for our tickets and went about our business.
    This morning, I got a letter from the county court increasing the fine to £175 as costs had been added.
    I am not disputing the fact that I did not pay for a ticket for the whole time, if I'm honest, I didn't think about it as I put a ticket on before I left the vehicle.
    I phoned a number for PE that I got from your forum and spoke to a lady who told me that I should have received 3 letters prior to the one I have giving me a chance to pay £60 (I didn't get them) and that they did not receive my letter.
    She told me that they would reduce the cost to £125 if I pay today, I am a single mum and just don't have that sort of money.
    I phoned the hotel to see if they can help but was told that the car park belongs to PE not the hotel.
    any advice would be gratefully received.
    Last edited by Justme2014; 28th October 2014, 15:55:PM.
    Tags: None

Re: Parking eye at thistle hotel Poole.

Post up the claim and any letters/notices minus names and addresses.

Pictures of the signs as well would be good.

M1

Comment

I'd think that if they haven't had your letter this could be a good thing! Isn't it the case that you don't have to confirm who was driving the vehicle at the time?
      If this was a letter you received from the Court its really important you post it up so we can help you respond to it. There are strict time limits to adhere to with anything court related.

Comment

I have no way of scanning the letters but I will try to photograph them and see if they are legible
        thank you

Comment

This is the first letter I recieved
          Attached Files

Comment

This is the first page of the court letter I received this morning
            Attached Files

Comment

Page 2
              Attached Files

Comment

Page 3
                Attached Files

Comment

Page 4
                  im sorry for the quality of the uploads
                  Attached Files

Comment

These are the only letters I have received. Apparently, PE sent 3 others but I dudnt receive them.

Comment

Originally posted by orfoster View Post
                      I'd think that if they haven't had your letter this could be a good thing! Isn't it the case that you don't have to confirm who was driving the vehicle at the time?
                      If this was a letter you received from the Court its really important you post it up so we can help you respond to it. There are strict time limits to adhere to with anything court related.
                      They are making me liable as the registered keeper

Comment

See here, I hope this helps http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...rking-Offences

someone will be along soon to assist further.

Comment

Originally posted by mystery1 View Post
                          Post up the claim and any letters/notices minus names and addresses.

Pictures of the signs as well would be good.

M1
                          Unfortunately, I was on holiday at the time so I do not have access to be able to take photos of the signs

Comment

I think they have difficulty myself since you paid. It would have been better if you had pics of the signs but they'll produce them eventually.

Do you have proof of payment ?

M1

Comment

Originally posted by mystery1 View Post
                              I think they have difficulty myself since you paid. It would have been better if you had pics of the signs but they'll produce them eventually.

Do you have proof of payment ?

M1
                              Thank you for your time
                              I don't have proof, although having spoken to PE today, they freely admit that I purchased a ticket. The problem is, I didnt buy it straight away.
                              Do you have any advice as to what I do about the court letters, what part should I reply to?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X