• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

BP Hatton Cross - N1SDT - not sure I have any defence?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BP Hatton Cross - N1SDT - not sure I have any defence?

Received a claim?: YES
    Issue Date: 18 Sep 2024
    Have you Acknowledged the Claim?: YES
    Total Amount Claimed : £300
    Claimant’s Name: EURO CAR PARKS LTD
    Solicitors Firm: DCB LEGAL LTD
    Original Creditor:
    Original Debt : parking 'fine' £170

hello. I'd love some help. I received the letters from ECP but I never responded.
    Partly in hopes it would be dropped, partly because I'd heard ECP didn't file claims.

Received the N1SDT dated 18 Sep, and acknowledged online with money claims service today 25 Sept.

When I got the letters I remember thinking it was the day I was having a difficult time with my boyfriend and he called and I pulled over without even thinking, I was distressed and didn't want to continue driving, we spoke on the phone for some time. It did not occur to me that the station had a time limit for visiting, I gather it's to stop people waiting near the airport.

Although when I looked at the google map today I actually don't recognise the layout of the petrol station so I'll have to go through the letters and look at what they've sent to see if I can understand what happened. And confirm it was that occasion.

On that particular day I have no recollection of seeing any obvious signage, although I was in a bit of a state.

I just wanted to start a thread as I am away from home until Saturday when I can dig out the letters and the original ECP 'PCN' number and look at what images they have.

I don't know if I have a defence to be honest, is it best to just pay the £300 and make it go away?
    Is it worth signing in to ECP and seeing if I can do anything on their website?

I would very much appreciate any advice / experience. thank you.
    Tags: None

Hi
    Welcome to Lb
    Please read the thread (and follow up posts) started by SARIN on 28 February 2024
    Search on the name SARIN
    It is your decision whether to carry on and defend the claim
    You may have to return to the car park and take photos of the signage

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X