• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Claim received from DCB Legal for Unpaid Parking Fine

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Claim received from DCB Legal for Unpaid Parking Fine

Hi, I received a Notice of Debt Recovery for £170 in Feb dated 31st January from DCBL for 'parking incorrectly within the markings of the bay' in a car park on the 2nd January. This was £100 parking plus £70 costs. I had not received anything prior to this and had not had a PCN on my car. Following advice on here, I ignored all further demands from DCBL and did a SARS. It transpired that I had not changed my address with the DVLA when I moved (I thought changing my driving license was sufficient) although I did have mail forwarding so should have received any letters.

Unfortunately I have had a few things going on personally so did not do anything when I received the Letter Before Claim from DCB Legal dated 26th June and have now received court documents dated 6th August. I haven't done anything yet but am about to complete the Acknowledgement of Service in the required time frame and then I will need to complete my defense. Any advice on what that defense should contain would be much appreciated. They added debt recovery costs (or 'damages') as they put on the court form, of £70, to the original £100 and with court fees, interest and legal reps costs the debt is now £262.36. Have I read that they are not allowed to add costs/damages of £70 and they have been chastised for doing this in the past? Should that be in my defense?

I would have actually paid the £60 if I had received the PCN or anything else within the first 14 days that allowed me the early pay discount to avoid this hassle, but £170 was just so ridiculously over-inflated I wasn't prepared to pay it. Unfortunately that the DVLA had my previous address means I have no excuse for not having received their letters.

All redacted documentation I have received from them is here: https://imgur.com/a/RpdsLYU

Any pointers would be very welcome.

Tags: None

besides acknowledging the claim, send a CPR 31.14 request to DCB Legal
    There is a template in the panel on the right. It will need editing to fit your situation and you should be asking specifically for
    copies of i) Parking Charge notice(s) ii) the contract i.e. fully legible copies of the complete signage

Do not identify the driver

Give us a nudge when received or if nothing comes a few days before your defence needs to be filed

Comment

Thank you. I was actually in the process of doing that but wasn't sure what I should be asking for!

Comment

Hello again,

I've had a reply from DCBL Legal today and have added it to the rest of the documentation I've received here: https://imgur.com/a/RpdsLYU

If I'm posting my defense I will need to do so on Wednesday. I'll have a little longer if I do it online. Any help with my defense would be very gratefully received as I didn't have a clue what I'm doing! As I've mentioned, I would be happy to pay the original amount but I did not have the opportunity to do that as the first time I was made aware of this was with the Notice of Debt Recovery for £170.

I hope someone can advise!

Many thanks

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X