• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Claim Form Sent to Previous Address

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RhythmStick View Post

No.
    Do you mean "No, not Denton"?
    If so, why the default CCJs?

Do you disagree with this?
    I don't feel that I can comment. If it were me I'd want to find out the exact reason for the default judgments.

Just trying to decide what my next move should be after my epic fail with dates.

Its also been suggested my best option is to pay the x2 judgements in full within 30 days and then counterclaim,
    Counterclaim what?
    Judgment has already been handed down on these.

given I have to defend a 4th case and will get a hearing anyway (at their expense!).
    You haven't given much info on this one.
    Have you acknowledged it?
    What is the claim issue date?

It's only an opinion, but I would hazard a guess that the Judgment Creditor is unlikely to consent to set aside the default judgments.
    'Without consent' set aside applications are going to cost £275 each. It's a gamble whether or not they'll be turned down due to the delay, & even if you succeed in that first limb of the set aside decision, you would also need to demonstrate a viable defence to the Claimant's assertions to satisfy the second limb.

CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

I don't know who / what Denton is.

I sent letter requesting documents to DCBLegal with no reply. How do I find out the exact reason for the default judgements? Contact the courts? Try to contact DCBLegal again? Judgement has been made so I'm guessing they won't be in the least bit interested they will just send out bailiffs to collect the money.

Comment

I don't know who / what Denton is.
        You gave a pretty clear negative response earlier? (Post #45)

CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
        Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post

You gave a pretty clear negative response earlier? (Post #45)

Because I assumed you were asking the name of the solicitor I spoke to, so I said no.
          However your next response implied that wasn't what you meant so I am now confused.

Comment

Because I assumed you were asking the name of the solicitor I spoke to, so I said no.
            However your next response implied that wasn't what you meant so I am now confused.
            Denton & Ors v TH White Ltd & Ors [2014] EWCA Civ 906

For set asides, compare
            PXC v AB College and others [2022] EWHC 3571
            CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
            Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Just an update on my claims:

I just returned from my set aside hearing and both claims have now been set aside.

The judge felt that even though I had acknowledged, under CPR 13.3 she felt she could use her discretion to set aside and even though I had not filed defence on time I had a good excuse because I had sent request for documents and also a reminder email to DCB (I showed her copies of letter, email and proof of posting) with no response whatsoever, so (in her words) how was I able to defend?

So ....thanks for your help!

I'll keep you updated with further progress.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X