• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Help with County Court Claim

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with County Court Claim

Good Afternoon

I am looking for some advice and hoping someone might be able to help.

I have recently received a claim form from the County Court Business Centre with an issue date of 29 March 2022. The claimant is Highview Parking Limited, respresented by DCB Legal Ltd and seeking £283.

I believe I can acknowledge and respond online (through the moneyclaim website).

The claim relates to a "parking offence" back in March 2020 for which I never received any PCN although Highview claim to have issued this. The first I heard of the matter was when I received a letter from their debt collectors (in April 2020) requesting payment, which at that time would have been approx. £140. My reaction at the time was to call the debt collectors and query what it related to, they referred me to Highview Parking who I called and was informed verbally that the charge related to an overstay of around 20 minutes but that I was now beyond the period in which I could appeal.

Feeling aggrieved and that it was not correct that the first I should have heard about the matter was through their debt collectors, I did send Highview several subsequent emails (using their appeals address) up to July 2020 outlining that I did not agree with or accept these charges, each time only to be referred back to their debt collectors and finding Highview unwilling to engage or even to share with me written detail of the parking offence. Several subsequent letters from the debt collectors were ignored.

Further to the fact that they didn't inform me of the charge, on the date in question my wife and I had arrived at the car park directly from registering the birth of our two-week-old son. Whilst shopping and visiting the coffee shop within the retail park, we had to make use of the baby changing facilities multiple times and my wife was recovering from caesarean section at the time of our visit, meaning that she was in a fair amount of discomfort with her mobility reduced. This did mean that our stay was longer than it might otherwise have been and I do not dispute that we may have been parked for more than two hours.

I would like to defend this claim but I'm hoping somebody can help me to understand whether I have a good enough case to do so based upon the above?

Further, I just need to understand what the risks are if I were to defend and lose i.e. is the £283 in danger of increasing significantly or would I get a CCJ on my record? If anybody can give some reassurance on this that would be most appreciated.

Thank you for any help you can offer on this matter.

Kind regards
    Tags: None

Any update on this what was the outcome?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X