• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Some question about my options - county court claim filed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some question about my options - county court claim filed

I don't think I have many options here but I'm hoping someone might be able to confirm. There is a car park local to me that I use frequently, there is a 20 minute car park limit sign that I never noticed.

A few months ago as I parked up, I got a call from my girlfriend regarding a suicide attempt made by her sister. I was on the phone for 30 minutes, and weeks later I got a fine through the post. I foolishly thought that private car parking fines were not enforceable, and did not appeal through them which now I read these forums realize was a mistake.

So here are my questions:

Are the courts ever likely to have any compassion for these circumstances?

If I appeal and lose, will I still get a CCJ even if I pay straight away?

Does my best option to just pay and is it likely they'll accept 12 monthly installments?

I have just lost my job this week so I am trying to avoid paying all at once.

Thank you so much for taking the time to read.

Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X