• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PCN and Damages claimed on County Court Clim

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PCN and Damages claimed on County Court Clim

I have an ongoing dispute with One Parking Solution Ltd where in August 2020 I entered a car park paid for a ticket with cash then when it was time to top up the ticket the machine was not taking cash nor could I connect to the app as the place of the car park is notorious for having no phone signal (Llangrannog, West Wales).

I received a PCN which I ignored (not sure this was the right thing to do). I've had lots of demands from DCB Legal who are acting on their behalf and the charge increased to £100.00. Once DCB Legal got involved they increased the charge to £170 to cover their 'administration fees'.

I have now received a Claim form from the County Court and need to defend this as best as I can.
    The particulars of their claim include legal representation of £50, Court fee of £35 in addition to the amount claimed which is £189.84. I assume that this is £170 plus interest.

The question that keeps coming to mind is, other than the legal representation and court fees are they able to claim for more than the original £100 parking charge? I am questioning whether they are pushing their luck trying to claim for the £70 which in the particulars has been referred to as 'damages'.

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated as I need to put in my defense ASAP.
    Last edited by abanaza; 18th February 2022, 00:22:AM.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X