• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

VCS Simple Procedure Notice Of Claim for PCN - NTK SCOTLAND

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VCS Simple Procedure Notice Of Claim for PCN - NTK SCOTLAND

Hi!
    I received a PCN from Vehicle Control Services (VCS) on the 15/10/2020 for an apparent contravention on 26/09/2020.
    The charge amount is £100 with £60 now added on for 'fees'
    The contravention reason is detailed as the following:

PARKED WITHOUT PAYMENT OF THE PARKING TARIFF FOR THE VEHICLE REGISTRATION MARK OF THE VEHICLE ON SITE

Site location is Nicol Street Car Park, Kirkcaldy. Ky1 1ny

I am the keeper of the vehicle however I do not know who the driver was at the time.
    I ignored the letter and the letter that proceeded that dated 13/11/2020.

I have now received a 'Simple Procedure Notice Of Claim' from the Sheriff court.
    The claimant (VCS) are using Pollock Fairbridge Schiavone Solicitors (PFSS) to represent them.
    I have since submitted a SAR to VCS and they have provided the letters described above that confirm the details.

Some info I found on another post is that PFSS operate on a no win no fee basis and that the £60 is what they receive with a successful claim. Operating on this basis also means they do not appear in court without VCS paying them first. Which I understand is basically never going to happen.

To summarise:
    Am I still correct that as the keeper of the vehicle, I cannot be held responsible, only the driver at the time can and it is up to VCS to prove who this is?
    I am aware there is a Scottish law change in the near future making keepers more liable but it doesn't look like it is enforced yet.

If the above is correct, how do I respond to the Notice of Claim? I have until the 25th of this month to do this.

Thank you very much in advance.
    Tags: None

Hi DETECTKEV

It's Scottish law, so not sure if ostell can help.

@ostell Can you please take a look and advise, many thanks.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X