• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

£2200 Court Claims received for parking while a tenant with parking permit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• £2200 Court Claims received for parking while a tenant with parking permit

I got a claim from Capital Car park for parking on 10 days between 02/06/2018 and 09/07/2018.. I lived in one of the flats attached to the carpark for over 2 years from 2016 with one space my landlord gave us a paper permit which we put on the car and a fob to open the gates. I gave these back when the lease ended in 2018. I dont have a picture of it and neither does the landlord as it moved to electronic after that.

I moved out ( relationship broke down) and left my ex in the flat to stay with my sisters in April 2018. I visited my ex several times after April and still used my permit on my car till July when I broke it off fully. He doesn't drive so never needed to park before he moved out in November 2018. I was the lead tenant on the contract with him till lease officially ended in November. I gave this back after the contract ended.

They sent letters to keeper to an old address and the letters eventually got to me in 2021! They had been sending warning letters to my old address...doubling the charges each time!! I called them and told them I was a tenant, they rejected my appeal. It went to Court Mediation, I told the court mediator everything and he understood but said he couldn't settle the case as they rejected my offer(I offered £50. )

I contacted my old landlord and She told me the fines were fraudulent, the company took over the carpark on 01/06/2021 hence why I only got fines after that date. The permit system also went online at this time which the landlords were objecting to. We had no information about this at all as tenants.

The court claim is for £2200!!! I cant pay this and I am going to fight it till the end.

I submitted my tenancy agreement to court showing it came with parking, an email from my landlord stating I had a permit and I was legally parked. I dont have a copy of the permit as I said.

They responded with a supplement court response saying the electronic records show no parking permits were paid for by my landlord since 01/06/2018 so I didn't have a valid permit. My contract ended in Nov 2018 so I did even if the landlord didn't pay surely?

What else can I do? Please help.
    Tags: None

Hi TheDivaviva

Here's some information https://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/...ng-ticket.html

(bear in mind that article is dated) Other members have better knowledge on parking charge matters etc

Also it might be worth posting on - pepipoo parking forums

Comment

You seem to be friendly with your landlord. See if you can get a copy of their lease to show what is permitted for parking. If your landlord actually owns the space then you are not liable

Comment

What is the name of the claimant, as stated on the claim form?

Comment

Originally posted by efpom View Post
          What is the name of the claimant, as stated on the claim form?
          Thank you, its Terry Szmidt T/A Capital Car park control [Claimant] Vs Myself [Defendant]

Comment

Originally posted by ostell View Post
            You seem to be friendly with your landlord. See if you can get a copy of their lease to show what is permitted for parking. If your landlord actually owns the space then you are not liable
            Yes thank you, I have requested this now, waiting for her response.

Comment

So Terry is running short of cash again. Terry has a problem in confusing his limited company with his sole trader operation. Make sure all the names agree, on the signs and your NTK

Comment

You might find this useful
                https://nebula.wsimg.com/e3da92cb966...&alloworigin=1

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X