• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

CCJ Letters arrived! Nearly 6 Years after event!.....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CCJ Letters arrived! Nearly 6 Years after event!.....

I have just today received a CCJ pack for a parking ticket issued in July 2015. They arrived at my parents address where I register my vehicle. The want £300

Possibly due to moving house a few times and some health issues I do not recall seeing the letters, any of them. This is the first notification, as far as I am aware, that I have this problem.

Any overstay at Clacket Lane (South) - London would have been minimal. It's 2 hour's free, so I might have overstayed by 20minutes or something. The price for a longer stay is £13 pounds for 24hours.

As per user name I am also a fully diagnosed autistic person, so when driving I often need to take frequent breaks - especially if I have had any recent social interactions (which can exhaust me).

Can anyone on here help with these questions:

1) In my defence, they have no evidence I was sent or received their demands or notification at an early stage there was a problem. If they don't have any proof of delivery or signed for - can they legitimately say they sent them?

2) Can I used the Equalities Act 2010? I have seen stuff on this mentioned on other pages.

Any advice much appreciated!

Tags: None

What exactly do you mean by CCJ pack? A claim form from Northampton perhaps? Or a letter before claim?

Comment

Originally posted by ostell View Post
      What exactly do you mean by CCJ pack? A claim form from Northampton perhaps? Or a letter before claim?
      a letter from Northampton.

I ended up contacting the landowner, they sympathised with the autism and my need for rest (perhaps more than a non autistic) and they kindly intervened and got the case cancelled the CCJ case. Very grateful for that.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X