• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PCN - paid for wrong car park now being taken to court

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PCN - paid for wrong car park now being taken to court

Good evening all,

I write to you as a desperate person having received a County Court claim form.

Way back in July I parked in a (previously council but now private owned) car park, while in a rush I hurriedly purchased a ticket via the Ringo app and went about my business. As I am always running late, I did exactly the same thing in the same car park the following week. Quickly purchased a ticket and went on my way.

A few weeks later I have, to my surprise, received not one but two PCNs from District Enforcement requesting £60 for each ticket as they believed I had parked without purchasing a ticket. On further investigation of my Ringo app, it turns out that due to the fact I was rushing, I had accidentally purchased a parking ticket (on two separate occasions!) for a car park 0.3miles away and not the car park that I had actually parked in. I had previously used Ringo to park in this car park but it appears the provider had now changed and this is how I had ended up purchasing a ticket for another car park in error.

Upon following advice from my partner, I foolishly (?) ignored the PCNs to the point that in February of this year I received a "letter before court" from Gladstones solicitors requesting £320. I went on to ignore this (this tactic has previously worked in the past). Anyway, last week I have received the court claim form from the Northampton Business centre demanding £422. This has really caused me a lot of worry and I am struggling to untangle guidance that I have found online to determine how best to deal with this.

I have acknowledged the claim (12th May, it was received .. am I right in assuming that I have 28 days to respond??) and intend to submit a defence but I am really confused and struggling to know where to start.

Can anyone offer any assistance or guidance?

Please see attached the court claim form but don't appear to have the PCNs

Thank you in advance, any assistance would be gratefully received.

Tags: None

ostell

Comment

I can 9nly think,of a defence of the payment system showed the wrong car park

Comment

Originally posted by ostell View Post
        I can 9nly think,of a defence of the payment system showed the wrong car park
        Hi ostell ,

Thanks for your reply. I am really anxious about it. I feel silly for ignoring it now really and not going through the original appeal route.

Are you able to point me in the right direction of what to do next?
        Many thanks for your reply

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X