• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Civil Enforcement Ltd CCJ obtained without my knowledge!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civil Enforcement Ltd CCJ obtained without my knowledge!

Hello guys,

Any help dealing with this Civil Enforcement Ltd issue will be much appreciated.

My father received 2 letters recently, one in February & other in March this year.

One is titled ‘Without prejudice save as to costs' & other ‘Without prejudice save as to costs- Final reminder ‘.

They have apparently already obtained a CCJ against my father for an alleged parking contravention at a car park in London on September 2018.

This is the first my father received anything from them, no pcn, no ntk or letters nor any court documentation whatsoever.

My father also has no recollection of using that car park in question.

They are offering a reduced offer to settle the matter.

One of the letters is accompanied with another form ‘Application for order that debtor attend court for questioning'.

I am baffled what to do as it has come to this stage without my fathers knowledge, if indeed the contents of the letters are genuine.

I understand my father can apply to set aside the judgement, on the back of one of the letters there is a paragraph of setting aside judgment as follows:

If you wish to have the judgement removed from your record completely, you will need to make an application to the court. We may be able to assist you with the process by sending you a Consent Order, which in certain circumstances allows you to have Judgement set aside quickly and without the need for a formal application. You can contact us on response@ce-service.co.uk with your pcn and/or claim number for more information.

Not sure how to attach files it says I have no permission/authorisation to create or attach files.
    ​​​
    I will be grateful if any advice can be given.

Thanks.
    Tags: None

A guest can only make one post and can't attached files but as a member you should be able to if you would like to try again?

Comment

Thanks for the heads up EnglandPI

Should be attached now.
      Attached Files

Comment

Looks as though it's another Ghost letter, typed up but not posted.

Comment

Thanks for attachments.

Is there actually a county court judgement? What was the date of the CCJ?

Did your father receive any paperwork prior to the CCJ being issued?

Has your father changed address between the ticket issue date and the CCJ issue date?

They are offering you a discounted figure but if you use their automated payment system and enter your PCN reference number the full amount appears automatically with no option to pay the discounted figure and the company don’t answer the phone except for an answering machine.

If you are considering getting the Judgement set aside it’s best not to go down the consent order route but apply to the court independently. Others here can guide you through the process. Des-8
          Last edited by EnglandPi; 17th March 2021, 11:04:AM. Reason: Tagging

Comment

Sorry for my late response.

Is there actually a county court judgement? What was the date of the CCJ?

No idea, apart from the company saying so...

How can I find out? Will the court confirm over the phone if my father rings them with the claim no.?

Did your father receive any paperwork prior to the CCJ being issued?

Absolutely none whatsoever until February last month.

Has your father changed address between the ticket issue date and the CCJ issue date?

Nope, same address for over 20 years.

My father is unaware when either of the pcn issue date & CCJ issue date are except the alleged contravention date as stated on the above post.

They are offering you a discounted figure but if you use their automated payment system and enter your PCN reference number the full amount appears automatically with no option to pay the discounted figure and the company don’t answer the phone except for an answering machine.

Cheeky sods!

If you are considering getting the Judgement set aside it’s best not to go down the consent order route but apply to the court independently. Others here can guide you through the process.

Ok...
            I am confused as to why a company would go through the hassle of obtaining a CCJ without sending any prior correspondence, then to offer to help set aside the judgement via consent order if they are contacted, how do they benefit?

Also what is the catch with the consent order route as I nor my father have never heard of this term at least in the motoring & parking world

I appreciate your help in this matter & welcome others to chime in please.

Comment

Wrong information
              Last edited by Archie.2; 20th March 2021, 15:52:PM. Reason: Wrong information

Comment

ostell

Comment

Ignore ARCHIE.2. Ignoring is not a good idea, and never has been for many years.

Do not ignore, it looks as though it has been to court and judgement obtained by default.

I can't help with getting the judgement set aside but others no doubt will be able to help on that.

Contact the court, Northampton probably and see if you can get details. You have the claim number.

SAR to CEL to get all the information they hold about you. Unfortunately they have 30 days to comply with the request.

What is the address on the V5 document?

Comment

Sorry OSTELL I looked up this company just copied what had been previously written.

Comment

Originally posted by Archie.2 View Post
                      Sorry OSTELL I looked up this company just copied what had been previously written.
                      But because this has been ignored it looks like it has been to court and a default judgment obtained.

You must have looked up some extremely old advice.

Comment

Originally posted by ostell View Post

But because this has been ignored it looks like it has been to court and a default judgment obtained.

You must have looked up some extremely old advice.
                        I hold up my hands, not sure how old, but just copied from previous reports of this company.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                        Working...
                        X