• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Please help! court case lost unfairly

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help! court case lost unfairly

Hello,

I had a remote case hearing this week with regards to a parking ticket from Parkingeye for 14mins in a car park. I had not parked, I assessed the prices and decided to leave but was stuck behind a car with people filling the boot and getting changed (its near the beach).
    The hearing was at 10am and I arrived early. After 45 mins waiting on the skype call, just me and the lawyer for Parkingeye (is this how it normally goes down? the defendant and claimant at the same time? the court seemed surprised that we were both there waiting), and after both myself and the lawyer calling the court to see what was going on and receiving no advice, I decided to leave the call.
    Later that day, I just happened to check my junk email to find an random email with no subject heading and no indication it was from the court stating this:

On 23 Feb 2021, at 14:13, Lewis, Daysia Subject Re:
    Your hearing will resume at 2.15 if you do not join it will go ahead

I will cut and paste the the conversation that followed as this was a particularly rude human being.

It is also worth noting that on receiving the court trial date letter I had made this request:

In the Notice of Trial Date letter dated 26Sep20 it states in point 12 that "if you do not feel able to proceed with a hearing remotely.... please email the home court immediately".
    I am emailing you to let you know that I do not feel able to proceed with a hearing remotely on the 23rd of February 2021. Please can we adjourn.

And I received this:

Thank you for your email. The email has been printed & placed on the file which will now be referred to a District Judge for directions.
    Once the matter has been referred to the Judge there is no target time for the Judge to process these matters, the Judge will review these files as soon as they are able, bearing in mind that they must deal with these matters in addition to their normal court lists.

You will be notified of the outcome of this referral once we have the file back.

I never received anything back on this topic.

I received a letter today stating that as I did not attend the claimant won the claim and I need to pay the £100 charge and £290 claimant fees !!!

p.s. I have (screenshot) proof I was on the skype call for 45mins

Here is the full email chain with whoever Daysia is. I never did find out.

Sent: Tue 23/02/21 14:13
    Your hearing will resume at 2.15 if you do not join it will go ahead

Sent: 23 February 2021 17:23
    Hello Daysia,

I am only finding this email with (no subject heading) in my junk Mail now.

I assume this is in reference to the court case scheduled at 10am today where the court did not attend? I was on Skype with the claimant for 45 minutes (from 10am to 10:45am) waiting until we both gave up as we had received no instruction. The claimant called the court a number of times and received no guidance.

This email arrived at 2:13pm stating that if I do not join (the same Skype meeting I assume?) the hearing would go ahead leaving me only two minutes.

This all seems very unreasonable considering I was at the meeting at the agreed time and waited 45 minutes, watched the claimant call the court numerous times, and received no guidance on what I was to do.

Please advise.

Kind regards

Sent: 24 February 2021 08:21
    Good Morning

You will have to contact the court your notice of trial and your notice of the SKYPE hearing stated that you were not the only hearing listed at that time and you would have to wait the Judge tried to start at 12 and you were not on she then started at 14:30.

Any issues with this you will need to contact Bromley County court.

Sent: 24 February 2021 09:42
    Hi Daysia,

Please can you tell me who you are?

So to confirm, I was expected to remain on the skype for 2 hours, or if not, should be expecting an email from an unknown address with the subject "Re: " informing me to join the Skype call within 2 minutes and "if you do not join it will go ahead"

Please can you advise who I should contact in "the court" ?

Regards

Sent: Wed 24/02/2021 09:45

An unknown address my email address is a court issued email which I emailed you from previously

Contact customer services and re read your hearing notice
    Sent: Wed 24/02/2021 09:55
    And just so you know the Claimant was on both times the judge tried

Any advice greatly appreciated. This all seems incredibly unfair and very sloppy practice from the court.

Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X