• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

County Court claim for unpaid PCN from March 2017 in a new car park.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Response form BW Legal and Britannia to ICO request. Suspect BW will leave it until last minute to send this as have until Friday Click image for larger version

Name:	Brit response to ICO.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	108.5 KB
ID:	1454503Click image for larger version

Name:	BW legal response ico.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	89.0 KB
ID:	1454504 to post defence.

Comment

Don't miss the deadline for filing the defence.

CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
      Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
      gets his brain a-going.
      Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
      The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Not received anything re their evidence, what approach would be best to take if not received by defence submission date?

Comment

Ok

You have a few days yet (Previously I calculated a 16th March deadline for the defence.....I think that's a Saturday, & if so, Monday 18th (at the latest) will do.
          If you are going to file via land line, you need to allow 2 working days....that's now to post.
          CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
          Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
            Ok

You have a few days yet (Previously I calculated a 16th March deadline for the defence.....I think that's a Saturday, & if so, Monday 18th (at the latest) will do.
            If you are going to file via land line, you need to allow 2 working days....that's now to post.
            That will do it on line and the evidence docs from BW legal should be in the post today.

Comment

Excellent....that'll give them summat to chew over!

That is their registered address at Companies House.

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/08182990
              There has been no response to the request for documents mentioned in a statement of case under CPR 31.14. A notice of pending county court judgement received (attached) with no reference to correspondence CPR31.14. They have not responded with the seven day requirement. Request for CPR 31.14 received and signed for by BW Legal 6th March 19.

There is no documentation provide by the claimant that that identifies the driver, they have communicated to the registered vehicle address.
              What will be the next steps and guidance for defence to this claim?
              Attached Files

Comment

Ok. let's put this in perspective.
                It only costs them £25 (possibly less) to start a county court claim.
                For every, say, 10 people who receive one of these....let's say half pay up.
                5 x £250.....;1250
                Cost to them...10 x £25 = £250

We know they've received your SAR....they were kind enough to reply.
                & on a previous letter, they state that a 'representation' was made to Britannia May? 2017? (Refused, but you didn't appeal via POPLA?)

Did either Britannia or BWL send you a pre-action protocol pack? (Multi-choice form to fill in & return income & expenditure sheet to complete etc)

Have those pics of the vehicle (Notice to Keeper 2017) got time/date stamps? (I can't see any?)

​​​​​​​
                CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Ok. let's put this in perspective.
                  It only costs them £25 (possibly less) to start a county court claim.
                  For every, say, 10 people who receive one of these....let's say half pay up.
                  5 x £250.....;1250
                  Cost to them...10 x £25 = £250

We know they've received your SAR....they were kind enough to reply.
                  & on a previous letter, they state that a 'representation' was made to Britannia May? 2017? (Refused, but you didn't appeal via POPLA?)

Did either Britannia or BWL send you a pre-action protocol pack? (Multi-choice form to fill in & return income & expenditure sheet to complete etc)

Have those pics of the vehicle (Notice to Keeper 2017) got time/date stamps? (I can't see any?)

​​​​​​​
                  BWL sent letter of claim and pack in December, not responded to and there are no time date stamps on the pictures.

Comment

Originally posted by Newboy2019 View Post

BWL sent letter of claim and pack in December, not responded to and there are no time date stamps on the pictures.
                    I'll PM you
                    CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                    Phelps, C. C.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X