• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

6 Year Statute of Limitations on Parking "contracts"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6 Year Statute of Limitations on Parking "contracts"

Hi, I'm trying to find the legal definition of how the 6 year statute of Limitations works. If for example court proceeding are initiated before the 6 years but the court hearing only occurs after the 6 years what is the state of play? Is the parking contract dead and buried, or is it still active because proceedings were initiated before the 6 years. The current court case that BWLegal and Excel are pursuing against me has reached the disclosure questionnaire stage, to be followed by mediation and then (assuming mediation doesn't work) a court case....the likelihood of the court case being heard after the 6 years is almost certain.
    Any advice appreciated.
    Tags: None

Hard luck....time stops running when proceedings are issued!

Comment

So are they claiming from the keeper and do they know the driver? A yes or No about the driver.

This must have been for a parking event before October 2012 when there was no keeper liability and action could only be taken against the driver if they knew the identity of the driver. They are trying to get quite a few of these to court at the moment.

Comment

No they don't know who the driver is. I,ve written and asked if they are prosecuting me as the driver or keeper...no reply

Comment

Originally posted by des8 View Post
          Hard luck....time stops running when proceedings are issued!
          Thanks for that...will save myself looking like a fool in court.

Comment

So if you want some help post up particulars of claim

Comment

Originally posted by ostell View Post
              So if you want some help post up particulars of claim
              Hi my claim is already under another thread.
              BWLegal vs Me. I asked this question on that thread and had no replies so created another thread to see where the 6 year statute fitted in.
              The missing bit for me is where I can quote a source for there is no keeper liability as the alleged offence took place prior to the POF act.

Comment

POFA came into force October 1st 2012. This is the legislation document that states this. or , probably better, this page.

Comment

Thanks for that.
                  On a simplistic level how would one state in court that there was no keeper liability prior to POFA?

Comment

Point out that they have not provided any evidence of who was driving and you could not be expected to remember after these many years, It was also before the legislation coming into force on October 1st 2012 hat permitted a claim from the keeper in cases where the driver was not known.

Comment

Thanks, that is the wording that was eluding me.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X