• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

County Court Claim Form Received

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At the set aside hearing I will be asking for the CCJ to be set aside on 2 main grounds
    1. I acted reasonably and promptly in responding to the claim but my mail was delayed due to building work which meant the postman/woman was unable to access the property to deliver
    2. There is a realistic prospect of the original claim being dismissed

On point 1 I understand there has been previous CCJs set aside even though the defence was submitted out of time.

On point 2 no evidence has been offered to support the allegation and as the car park is not monitored by ANPR cameras or barriers how have they concluded the terms were breached?

Comment

So how did they know that it was your car involved?

Comment

CCJ has been set aside as the judge was satisfied i had a realistic prospect of successfully defending the claim. She had been provided with photographs and a statement from the parking company, which i've not seen, that were unclear with dates, times and locations. I need to submit a defence within 14 days with a copy to their solicitor. Can anyone help with this part of the process.

Comment

CCJ has been set aside as the judge was satisfied i had a realistic prospect of successfully defending the claim. She had been provided with photographs and a statement from the parking company, which i've not seen, that were unclear with dates, times and locations. I need to submit a defence within 14 days with a copy to their solicitor. Can anyone help with this part of the process.

Comment

Received the papers from their solicitors now detailing the evidence they are relying on. It has photographs of the vehicle parked after a ticket was issued but none from its arrival. There is a statement saying that the vehicle was seen in the car park on 2 occasions more than 2 hours apart and the assumption is that the car has been there continuously for that period.

Comment

Can you show that the car was elsewhere between the times claimed? A sworn statement from someone else should help or a dated and timed receipt.

Do the photographs show a windscreen ticket on the car? Or do the letters hint at a windscreen ticket.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X