• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

MIL Collections - Judgement for claimant (in default)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MIL Collections - Judgement for claimant (in default)

Hi.

Just received letter (23rd Feb) from County Court Business Centre ordering me to pay £215 immediately in a claim against me by MIL Collections presumably on a purchased parking fine debt (private property). The letter is a Judgement for Claimant (in Default) stating I failed to reply to a claim form and therefore must pay the claimant.

I am without the claim form or any other paperwork relating to this claim. Reason for this, I ignored the private parking levy (3 years ago) and since, any and all paperwork has been lost, destroyed or mislaid. I have not opened a Court claim form demand obviously, otherwise I would have acted upon it, and I've been through my more recent piles of paperwork and have been unable to find anything relating to MIL Collections, or the Claim form from the court.

Is it too late to do anything about this or am I left with having to pay these bloodsucking agents abusing the court system?

Thank you kindly for any advice.

Tags: None

If you pay within a month of the judgement then a CCJ will not have the CCJ recorded against you for 6 years. To get the judgement set aside you will need to pay £255 to the court.

Who was the original PCN from, if you can remember. And would you have had a reasonable defence if you had? Since the judgment came to your address I wonder what was on the original claim forms.

The other matter is that the contract that the parking companies have with the DVLA forbids the PPCs from selling the keeper details to third parties. MIL were suppose to have promised the DVLA not to do it any more after complaints were made. The selling of driver details to MIL would be a breach of the DPA and make the PPC liable to pay compensation for that breach, something like £300 - £500.

You could pay the £251 to MIL as ordered then go after the parking company for the breach of the DPA. It is mentioned on the Pepipoo forum on more than one occasion.

Comment

Thank you. On a little investigating it seems MIL collections are a somewhat dubious bunch. And with so little to go on and no records I'm going to have to pay up... grrrr

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X