• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Wilful entrapment to enforce civil contract

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wilful entrapment to enforce civil contract

I recently entered a private car park controlled by ARDPark Ltd, however there were no signs at the point of entry stating this was a private car park and/or terms and conditions appalled. After entering the car park there were numerous term and conditions signs but after reading them I left the car park within 9 minutes. I received a PCN

i appealed to the operator, the IAS and the ADR and every one dismissed the appeal stating that signage at the entrance is not required and only terms and conditions signs are required.

IMHO ARDPark Ltd, the IPC, IAS and the ADR have all ignored my grounds of appeal which were:

International Parking Community (IPC) Codes of Practice:

A. Schedule 1 - Signange (No signs at the car park entrance)

B. 5 - Motorists Using Private Land - 5.3

C. Schedule 5 - Auditing - B)

D. Legal and Additional Obligations - 25.1 b)

Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008

Part 2; Prohibitions (4) Prohibitions of the Promotion of an Unfair Commercial Practice; The promotion of any unfair commercial practice by a Code owner of a code of conduct is prohibited.

(Misleading Actions 5)

3(b) it concerns any failure by a trader to comply with a commitment contained in a code of conduct which the trader has undertaken to comply with.

The frustrating thing is that the car parking community is literally a closed shop and they clearly flout the rules whilst protecting each other. I am now trying to escalate this to the CTSI
    Tags: None

So you now know that companies who "manage" private car parks, and their "independent" appeal panels are nothing of the sort.

Eventually you will receive a court claim.
    Presumably you identified the driver in your various appeals ... a pity

Comment

Yes, it is now very clear that the IPC are the IAS and the ADR is the IAS.

There is no such thing in the world of PCN’s as an independant appeal and the Car Park Operatiors know that, hence their bullying arrogant enforcement tactics. ARDPark Ltd use Ridings Recoveries as their enforcement company to collect monies. However, that company is owned by the same man and wife who own ARDPark, both companies even have the same bank account details.

The entire business of Car Park Management is rotten to the core.

Comment

Anyone with familiarity with these forums will know to check, always to assume that there is no such thing as free parking. "Car parking management" is a business model, part of that model being to pursue non payers aggressively.
        Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

A brilliant and very interesting document, thank you.

As I was bound by the ADR findings who of course found in favour of the car park operator I have now had to pay “under written protest” the £100 PCN.

However, despite appealing the PCN and the IAS stating payment should not be made whilst appealing the operator is now pursing me for a £60 late payment fee.

Apparantly there was an issue with my IAS appeal process which resulted in the appeal time period expiring. The IAS notified the operator of this who then agreed to go directly to the ADR process. It was at that time I discovered that the operator has full access to the IAS appeal system. Apparantly that gives the operator the god given right to make even more money for doing absolutely nothing.

The Car Park Operator business is almost as messed up as the Post Office business with Horizon. Some would say (not me of course) they are corrupt bullies.

Comment

why would you not say that?
            Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

I’m not fully averse with liable etc laws …. If asked in private I would say exactly that and more.

Lets hope the county court can see that too

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X