• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Letter Before Claim

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Letter Before Claim

Hi,

I was being pursued by a private parking company over 4 years ago, I followed advice received online, following the protocol I responded within 14 days. The notice received was full of holes, the photo did not show a number plate to properly identify the vehicle, signage was on wrong side of road and location also failed to exactly identify the location. I wrote to state I am the keeper but was not the driver and requested details of the appeals process.

In reply I received a letter which did not make much sense, and I did not receive the requested appeals details. I tired to log on to the IAS website directly but my case was not registered, I opened a case with IAS directly and they said my case had not formally been rejected. In short I was denied an opportunity to appeal.

I was then sent a series of letters with ever increasing demands from Gl@dstone$ which I did not respond to.

Today, over 4 years since they stopped sending the letters I have received a "letter before claim". I understand these can be pursued for up to 10 years and guess they hope that victims have let their guard down in the interim.

I am happy to have my day in court since I believe I have a strong case, I do not recall if they previously sent "letter before claim" (I need to dig them out) - are there any recommendations with regards how to proceed

Thanks in advance.
    Tags: None

They have 6 years.

Post up a redacted copy of the first PCN received.

You tell Gladstones all the reasons why their clients case will fail

Comment

Last edited by spacebiscuit; 24th January 2022, 17:14:PM.

Comment

So at this point I should respond to the solicitor stating the points mentioned above in the original post. In doing so I am revealing the points my case will rest upon right? I believe in a previous step it was advised that there is little point in giving this information up.

Attached Files

Comment

You will be giving that information in your defence when you get the court claim. UK justice does not allow last minute surprises in the court room. If you do that it may well be disregarded.

the alleged breach was no permit. What did the signs say, apart from the sign on the PCN

The only missing required item on the PCN is period of parking

Comment

The sign reads:

"
            A valid UK CPM permit must be clearly diplayed at the front windscreen at all times
            You must park wholly within a marked bay. No parking on roadways / yellow lines / pathed / hatched or landscaped areas
            If unsure please seek further advice from CPM or refrain form parking
            "

THE PCN also states "Meridian South" - Meridian South is in Leicester:

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Meridian+S,+Leicester+LE19/@52.6019759,-1.1924533,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x48775df9928ff579:0x3e46c 2558c3b2738!8m2!3d52.6019759!4d-1.1902593

Therefore the NtK does not specify the exact location, I also note that Gl@dstones in their recent communication now refer to the location as "Meridian South London" which differs from the original Ntk which I received.

So should I draft the letter to solicitor and post here before sending. The letter received says if I want to dispute this I should do so via their website after registering.

SAR and SPR come when the county court claim is received if I understand correctly, not at this stage?

Thank you.
            Last edited by jimjam75; 24th January 2022, 19:04:PM.

Comment

SAR can be used anytime

Comment

I will prepare a concise draft of response to the LBC and post for feedback.
                Last edited by jimjam75; 28th January 2022, 16:51:PM. Reason: original draft of response deemed to be too long winded at this stage.

Comment

What is the significance of the local council adopting the land? I read on another thread to check this matter.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X