• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

2 PCNs on for the same offence on the same day

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 PCNs on for the same offence on the same day

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone can help me.

I received a PCN, Date of Notice 20 October 2021 for "failing to comply with the prohibition of certain types of vehicles (motor vehicles). I genuinely didn't notice the sign when passing through this road. I paid the PCN on 5 November 2021.

I then received another PCN (I honestly can't remember when exactly, but it definitely wasn't on the same day), for the same driving offense also dated 20 October 2021, but which occurred at a different time of the same day (in fact just 2 hours apart).

I stupidly ignored it, thinking it was the same thing, Council made a mistake and I can look into it further after Christmas. Now that I have, the charge has now gone up to £204. It wasn't until I called the council that they told me that it was for another PCN.

Can anyone advise me, please?

- Can I get a PCN for the same offense, on the same day just hours apart?
    - If so, what can I do to waive or reduce the PCN to the original charge as I can't afford £204

Thanks in advance...
    Tags: None

If you broke the same law twice in the same day you can - did you drive along the same road twice?

Comment

Yes, drove along the same road twice... Is there a way to ask for a reduction?

Comment

Who has issued this - local council, Police or private company?

Comment

Local council

Comment

OK I would think all you can do is contact the council and ask them to waive the extra charges because you had already paid one for the same day. If you are lucky you may get away with paying the original amount.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X