• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PCN Later than 14 Days

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PCN Later than 14 Days

Hi everyone

Yesterday I received the attached PCN in the post for a car parked on 12/02/21. The PCN was issued on 01/03/21. I have received no prior documentation from this company. Is this in contravention of the 14 day rule?

I am a keeper of a leased car. I did not drive a car on this day.

Thanks in advance for any help

Tags: None

The 14 days does not apply for a Notice to Hirer.

If there was no other documentation included then:

Sirs

Ref PCN xxxxx VRM yyyyyy

I am the hirer/keeper of the above vehicle and am in receipt of the PCN you issued. I have no liability on this matter as you have failed to meet the requirements of Schedule 4 of The Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 namely, but not limited to, failing to supply the additional documents mandated by section 14 (2) (a) of the Act. You cannot therefore transfer liability from the driver at the time to me, the hirer keeper..

I was not the driver at the time and as there is no legal requirement to identify the driver I will not be doing so.

Any further communication with me on this matter, apart from confirmation of no further action and my details being removed from your records, will be considered vexatious and harassment. This includes communication from any Debt Collection companies you care to instruct.

Yours etc.

First class post with a free certificate of posting from a post office

Send so that it arrives on day 19 after the date on the letter so that they can't correct and reissue within the relevant time of 21 days.
    Last edited by ostell; 5th March 2021, 22:03:PM.

Comment

Mistake

Comment

Originally posted by ostell View Post
        Mistake
        I'm not sure what you mean by "mistake"??

Comment

The 14 days does not apply for a Notice to Hirer.

If there was no other documentation included then:

Sirs

Ref PCN xxxxx VRM yyyyyy

I am the hirer/keeper of the above vehicle and am in receipt of the PCN you issued. I have no liability on this matter as you have failed to meet the requirements of Schedule 4 of The Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 namely, but not limited to, failing to supply the additional documents mandated by section 14 (2) (a) of the Act. You cannot therefore transfer liability from the driver at the time to me, the hirer keeper..

I was not the driver at the time and as there is no legal requirement to identify the driver I will not be doing so.

Any further communication with me on this matter, apart from confirmation of no further action and my details being removed from your records, will be considered vexatious and harassment. This includes communication from any Debt Collection companies you care to instruct.

Yours etc.

First class post with a free certificate of posting from a post office

Send so that it arrives on day 19 after the date on the letter so that they can't correct and reissue within the relevant time of 21 days.
          Thanks so much for your guidance xxxx

Comment

mistake = exactly that posted in error

Comment

mistake = exactly that posted in error
              So your original advice no longer stands??

Comment

No that post was added in error. If the advice was in error I would have edited it

Comment

No that post was added in error. If the advice was in error I would have edited it
                  Okay thanks - sorry for being a numb nuts x

Comment

Hi, I have received a Bus Lane PCN from my local city council dated 11/5/2021. The date of PCN & posting is also 11/05/2021. My offence detection date is 28/04/2021 for Contravention code 34J Being in a bus lane. It also states that, ”The date of service of the PCN will be taken to be the second working date after the date of posting (13/05/2021?). Does the 14 day rule apply?

Comment

So do not hijack someone else's thread, start your own

Comment

Sorry, I thought I had?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                        Working...
                        X